- stressors and lifesavers -

read and vote, lovelies, please!

ELENORA HAD AN ALARM CLOCK SET FOR 10:30 AM and her dads knew this.

The knowledge did not stop Bucky from releasing Josie onto Elenora's bed at 9:15 that morning, fully expecting the small dog to completely attack Elenora with love.

Elenora had plans for the day, and none of them included being licked to death by a small dog.

"What is that?" Elenora mumbled, rolling over in bed only to envoke a squeal followed a bark. Fully aware now of what it was, Elenora grabbed her pillow and shoved it over her head, giving Josie more of a reason to attack and play with the girl. With her mouth turned away from the pillow, Elenora told her, "Josie, sweetie, this is not a good morning."

"I was thinking you could walk her," Bucky's voice broke in, and Elenora snuggled deeper into her blanket. "Before your date with Peter."

Then Elenora was sitting up straight in bed, denying, "It is not a date!" As she brushed her hair out of her face, Elenora spoke more to Bucky's rolling eyes. "We are buying school supplies for school-"

"We used to do that. Now you're too grown up for me."

"Definitely, Dad. That's exactly it."

Bucky let out a small laugh then glanced out into the hallway, where Steve was motioning for him to hurry up as he sat by the Tv. "C'mon Ellie, let's get the day rollin'. Come have some breakfast."

"I will have breakfast," Elenora agreed, adding, "when my alarm goes off." She popped her head off of her pillow and narrowed her eyes at Bucky. "Which it hasn't, and won't for another hour."

Her head hit the pillow once again, and Bucky, who really didn't want to be having this conversation, slammed his hand against the door frame, making Elenora jump and turn over.

"Up and at it now, or two miles at training with Natasha. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't want to be that exhausted before a spar with her."

When he had left the room, Elenora swung her legs over her bedside and pulled herself out of bed and into the bathroom.

Since the whole thing with Charles and the L name Elenora no longer said, she'd been feeling fine. No sudden surges. No freak out session. It was like when you cry a really good cry and can go for the next to months before you broke down again.

Elenora was hoping she had more than two months.

When she was done getting dressed and ready, Elenora slipped out of the hallway and into the living room where Bucky and Steve were watching the news. Josie had found a spot with her head on Bucky's leg, and it was apparent that Steve had given up on the no furtniture rule.

He was never good with rules anyway.

Elenora watched them for a second or two, then sighed, reaching for the bright yellow leash on the hook nearest the door, and then announced, "I'm taking Josie on a walk."