- phone calls/hallway brawls -

Here's Bridgit you guys

Here's Bridgit you guys. Sorry for the hella long wait- next chapter will be out very, very soon. Comment and vote bb :)

"ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is move that-" Logan pointed to the empty tin can laying on the ground between him and Elenora, "anywhere. Just move it."

"Yeah, just move it," Elenora repeated, rubbing her hands together as she tried to make it seem much less hard than it actually was. Sure, it took me like four months to get the whole invisibility thing down, but this should be easier, right? It should be. I think it should be, anyway.

Shaking her head, Elenora pulled herself back to reality, where Logan was watching her with an expecting expression. So with a sigh, Elenora focused on the can in front of her and thought positively.

I can move this can, she told herself. I can move this can! This can, I'm gonna move it.

But when she peeked up at Logan, it was evident that she had not in fact, moved the can.

"How about you try envisioning it moving," Logan suggested, remembering something he had heard from a conversation with Charles about teaching the new mutants. "If they can see it happen, they can project it," Charles had told him, and maybe it was enough to get Elenora to move it an inch.

But five minutes passed, and the can was still sitting in its upright position, and Elenora was starting to lose faith.

"I'm really not even sure that's a power of mine," she told Logan, who raised an eyebrow. "Really. Maybe it was a joke from a student or maybe it was Professor Jean-"

"Maybe I'd believe that," Logan admitted, taking a step closer to the can, and consequently, Elenora, "but you spent last night complaining of a killer headache and that," he pointed at the girl while his other arm was still across his chest, "is a full-fledged sign of a new power. So move the can, El."

Elenora didn't like that nickname except her own family. It felt almost like cheating allowing someone she barely knew call her that. "Don't call me that."

"What? Don't call you El?" Logan mimicked, taking a step back with his hands raised, and the stupidest smirk resting on his face. Elenora just stared. "Oh, okay, alright, Ellie."

And that's when Elenora really started to lose her patience. If she heard one more nickname leave his mouth, one more anything that reminded her of her family back at the compound, she was gonna-

There was a rattling noise, and Elenora's eyes shot up just to catch a glimpse of the can rolling a few feet forward, stopping right at Logan's boots.

Logan started laughing, and Elenora had to bit back a smile.

"Stop! You're being mean!"

"Sorry, kid, I was just expecting something with a little more 'umph'," he chuckled off, reaching down to reset the cup. But Elenora didn't like being laughed at- not at all. She took one look at his hand nearly clutching the cup and wonder what would happen if it moved away from him.