Book 6⌇9. Throw Away The Key

Chapter 9 ∣  Throw Away the Key

-Keegan

Uneasily shifting in my arms, the cunning and agile assassin had managed to outmaneuver my guards, making them out to look like fools. She wasn't even at her full strength and she still ran away like it was child's play.

I've already had something made for her. I'm not going to be like her kind though and inject her with that nasty undiluted liquid silver. I'll make her chains more appealing.

I can't have her running off like that again, not with the potential possibility of having her become my wife. Maybe everyone will get the fuck off my back now.

Glancing down, Adrasteia's lids were closed, the redness and tears had pooled just underneath them. The bright light which creates an artificial sun blinded her. Not sure of what the effects of this place would have on her, that's why I tried to keep my room dimmer. To think, these demons used to live alongside us.

Earth has made them weak.

"You know how to keep a girl waiting," Natasha's seductive voice announced her presence, her skimpy ebony booty shorts and halter top revealing most of her skin as I rounded the corner to the hallway of my room. "But that's okay, I'd wait forever to feel your c-"

My gray eyes locked with Natasha's brown ones, her sentence trailing off as she saw that I wasn't alone and what I held in my arms.

Adrasteia's muscles tensed, her body trying to move further away from me.

"What is that?" Natasha's shocked expression was quite amusing.

"Possibly your future queen," I retorted, the assassin's heartbeat increasing. She managed to elbow one of her arms free and punched me under the chin. Startled by the sudden impact, my grip loosened, and she kicked out of my grasp, stumbling to the floor.

Natasha smirked, "Guess you didn't tell her that."

Adrasteia's eyesight was returning, blinking her eyelids open. The whites of her eyes were still slightly bloodshot, but she looked from me and then to the succubus standing on the other side of her. Natasha's tail flicked side to side, her own amused expression growing as she saw the pure confusion on the assassin's face.

"Doesn't look like a queen to me," Natasha sighed, "More like a new toy for you to play, break, and then throw away."

Adrasteia bared her fangs at Natasha, her crimson irises filled with anger. Before I could take a step, Natasha's leathery bat-like wings emerged from between her shoulder blades, her own two sets of fangs on display as she growled back.

"Enough," I snapped, but just as Natasha looked away and back at me, Adrasteia moved quicker than I had ever seen. She rolled three times and kicked Natasha in the stomach, knocking her off her feet.

"Little bitch!" Natasha screamed and tried to sit up, grabbing for the assassin. I tried to grab her as well, but she evaded the two of us. Wrapping her arm around Natasha's neck, she twisted her until she was able to throw her body against the wall.

The silver had almost left her bloodstream.

"Natasha, walk away," I growled lowly, watching as her electric blue irises brimmed with revenge. Ready to run again, Adrasteia readied herself to sprint away, but I caught her upper arm and tightened my grip, making her gasp.

"You bring a fucking vamp-" I cut her off, my look making her quake in fear. Much to her disgust, she turned around and huffed away, her presence leaving us.

Pulling the assassin to my door, she almost dug her heels into the ground when she realized exactly where she was. Pushing the door open with one hand and throwing her into the room with the other, I stated, "It's not very nice to break things that don't belong to you. That was an antique door handle."