Book 6⌇15. Pleasure

Chapter 15 ∣  Pleasure

-Keegan

Adrasteia sat at the foot of the bed, her legs hanging over the edge of the wooden frame. It was in her eyes, that I knew she hadn't wanted to rely on someone to get what she needed. Taking my blood, was difficult for her and the look she continued to give the floor, was somewhat disheartening.

Landon had never given her pleasure before; he'd always looked out for himself and she'd never had the opportunity to open to him on an intimate level.

Maybe that's what she needed.

After taking the shirt off I wore and tossing it onto one of the chairs, I touched my hand to the top of my shoulder where she had bitten me. I hadn't completely healed it yet, the feeling of her fangs in my flesh, the blood pounding in my ears as it poured from my wounds and into her warm mouth. I wanted that feeling again, only this time, I wanted her to enjoy it much more than she had, making it out to be more of a chore then it had to be.

She was right about one thing.

Perhaps, I really didn't know everything I thought I knew about vampires.

An unseen smirk by Adrasteia played across my lips. Maybe she can teach me, after all, if she's going to be my wife, I want to know everything there is to know about her.

I walked closer to where she sat, stopping only when I was in front of her.

Her eyes lifted from the floor, scowling at me when she spat, "What?"

"I wish you would believe me when I say that I do want you to experience a better life here," I sighed, watching her eyes narrow on me as I spoke to her. She clearly wasn't convinced and must think all I want to do is make her life a living hell. If she just let go, she'd enjoy everything that this world has to offer her.

That hatred in her heart was hurt. The hurt has only grown and festered, not letting her see past the tunnel vision she had toward the ones who hurt her. If she only knew, I'd kill them in a heartbeat, but I didn't want to win her over that way. Nothing good comes from death, except more death.

"I doubt that very much," she rolled her eyes and glanced away from me. "You've already made my stay so memorable."

Let's make a new memory then, one she'll never forget.

Adrasteia's legs were slightly apart, my hands landing on her bare knees as I pulled them further apart. Her eyes snapped back to mine, continuing to glare at me as I stood with her thighs on either side of my outer legs.

There was fiery anger in those crystal blue eyes, but also a very distant flicker of desire, one that only a sex demon could truly draw out. It was different this time, almost wondering exactly how far I'd go, she neither fought against me nor made it any easier as I brought my face inches from hers.

I brought my lips down against hers, feeling the warmth trailing off them. She took her breath suddenly, trying to steady the pounding of her heart. She didn't pull away, but she didn't kiss me back either, just hearing her breathing as I finally made up my mind.

With my left hand still resting on her knee, I brought my right hand against the thin fabric of the shorts she was wearing. When my fingers brushed against her, feeling the saturated fabric I breathed in deeply, taking in her scent and arousal.

Adrasteia gasped, moaning when my tongue darted into her mouth at the opportunity. Her breathing was uneven and grew heavier with each stroke of my fingers, pressing hard enough to elect several moans, but not enough to send her spiraling over the edge.