Book 6⌇29. Hell's Flame

Chapter 29 ∣  Hell's Flame

-Keegan

I never cared about anyone so much in my life, not until I thought I had lost Adrasteia. The only true being that I couldn't live without now.

Harlan stood next to her; his fragmented soul returned as the three of us watched Natasha struggle against the bonds the bound her wrists to the wall. The coated rubber around the chains prevented her from using her innate ability to control the electricity within her soul from harming anyone else. She was the last living sex demon assassin, and Harlan was livid beyond belief that he hadn't been able to kill Tyco for what he did to him.

Though, he'd settle for the traitor's daughter.

"You've been a very bad girl," Harlan narrowed his eyes, stepping away from Adrasteia and walking past me. She screamed when he brushed his fingertips against the side of her cheek, a chuckle bellowing from his chest. "Oh, and you know you it too. Tell me, how is daddy going to save you now?"

Adrasteia had her arms crossed in front of her low V-neck leather top, her eyes looking from the very frightened Natasha to an elated Harlan. Natasha knew this was her last moments alive, the rebellion all but crushed with the blow to their leader's soul being thrown into an endless abyss. Now, she was the last one who could rile them up and her very existence needed to be snuffed out. It would have given me great pleasure to shred her soul from her body, just like her pathetic father's. But Harlan had been tortured enough with his soul being fragmented. His revenge would be Natasha.

Go propose to her properly...like we had planned.

I know. It's just a relief, that this is all done. No one would dare challenge me again now that they've seen exactly how strong Adrasteia is.

She's a strong vampire, a strong mate, and soon, a strong wife and queen. For never intending on mating with her, we still owe her that wedding.

"It was so nice of Adrasteia to put your heart back in your body, I'm going to enjoy ripping every limb from that disgusting body of yours," Natasha shook, her fear evident as I couldn't help but smile at the small smirk that made its way to Adrasteia's lips. "The only thing I haven't decided yet," Harlan paused for dramatic effect, "is if I'm gonna fuck you before or after I kill you."

"No!" Natasha screamed, begging him not to, "Don't! Please don't do that! Just kill me, I'm done being used!"

Harlan chuckled, "Oh no you're not, and just for that I think I'll have to fuck you twice and see which is better."

"That's twisted," Adrasteia shivered, Harlan turning to her and stating, "You don't have to watch love."

"Believe me, I never planned to," she shrugged her shoulders and caught my eye before nodding to the dungeon exit. The door growing closer as our footsteps echoed away from the shrieking that ensued behind our backs.

As we reached the door, I took the handle in my hand, pulling the wooden door inward and allowing Adrasteia to step through into the better lit hallway.

"Come on whore, scream!" Harlan had relinquished his final control as I shut the door solidly behind me. It was quiet, the silence that grew between the two of us as Adrasteia gave me a sideways glance, deep in thought.

"So," she started, placing her hands on her hips as she asked, "how long is he going to keep her alive?"

I replied, "I told him to off her before our wedding, don't want her very existence ruining our big day." She gave me this funny look, but I continued, "Come with me, I want to show you something."