Book 6⌇27. Fragment

Chapter 27 ∣  Fragment

-Keegan

Tyco.

The vibrant electric blue eyes narrowed themselves at me and my stand-in bride. I'd put my trust in him as my advisor, allowing him to help me make decisions for the Dominion Plane. Now, I was staring down the one who led these demons into thinking it would be such a wonderful idea to bring back the vampires and enslave them.

"That's Natasha's father?" Harlan noted, his voice low beside me. "Wow, wonder how he felt knowing and watching you reduce her to nothing more than a toy of yours." There was an undertone in his usual sarcastic voice, the feeling of being betrayed running thick between us all.

"You were supposed to marry her," Tyco walked through what was left of the doors, the group of demons following, "She would have helped you see that bringing the vampires...demons in nature...back to where they came from, would have been a good thing for everyone."

I sighed in frustration, "I don't take desperate whores seriously," he growled in response at the way I was speaking about his daughter, quickly adding, "Oh, and I'm sorry, but you're not my parent so you can't really tell me who you'd prefer I marry."

"You mated with that vampire and now she's run off with your soul back to her true mate," Tyco sneered at me, some of the common demons who had no idea this was a trap, edge away closer to the walls. Their looks were filled with fear and uncertainty, tension building in the air when he chuckled, "Can't trust a slave. I knew she'd betray you and leave you completely weak and useless. Seems that you're going to be no match for us now. My daughter would have made you strong...speaking of which, what have you done to her?"

Harlan chimed in, "Chained up with three fake cocks filling her lovely holes. You know, I wouldn't want her to get bored while we destroy the rest of the rebellion."

Tyco growled loudly; his demonic features surfaced. At his release of energy, the demons who stood beside him, also revealed their dark forms, ready to attack at any second.

"Keegan is my true mate," her voice was soft but firm, barely seeing Adrasteia materializing just behind Tyco, "Some higher power just got everything messed up and lost in communication."

She giggled, the eerie sound echoing through the throne room as she was ripped away from this plane of existence in the blink of an eye. It pulled at my heart, shattering a piece, but I wouldn't allow the effect to show. I didn't want to let others see how hard it truly was when she left, but I was strong and I just had to tell myself repeatedly that she's not dead, just a damn good assassin.

"She's here?!" Tyco didn't receive that message apparently, Natasha caught before she could relay a message out of the palace.

"Missed the memo?" Harlan's voice had altered, taunting Tyco to lose control. Soon, there would be no rationality left, the connection of controlling the demon within us all taking root. It would be in their hands, the outcome of this trap, or in Tyco's mind, an ambush.

Tyco glowered at the demon who stood beside me while he pointed, "Who the hell is she then?"

"You got played," I replied simply.

It happened very quickly, barely seeing his energy shift and the force Tyco used to propel himself forward with his wings. He almost crashed into me, but Harlan intercepted him, grappling his shoulders and they both diverted to the left side of the throne room.

Guards who had been dressed as guests, splintered off from the crowd, their attention fully on the ones who Tyco has brought with him. From the midst of the fighting, I saw no assassins. Tyco no longer had my remaining and made me wonder if Natasha might very well be the last one alive, considering every one had rejected whoever wore the crown.