T W O

Jackson Avery

"What?! Listen, im sorry for missing rounds and it'll never happen again, but seriously?! Babysitting?! Id honestly rather be on scut!" I said to Bailey.

"Youre right Avery, you'll never miss my rounds again after this. Now go. Heres her chart, shes in the west wing room 202." Bailey said, handing me her chart before walking away.

I cant believe im stuck babysitting some brat from peds for the rest of the week. Could this be any worse?

I finally arrived at her door. I knocked on it but there was no answer. I walked in, expecting to see a 10 year old kid, but instead finding a sleeping girl who appeared to be about 18 or 19. Why was she in peds?

She started to stir, before opening her eyes and looking at me. Her eyes were a golden- brown with striking green highlights.

"Hi payton, im Dr. Avery, I'll be keeping an eye on your vitals while you recover."

"Why am I here?" She asked. She looked very confused.

"Umm... you got in a really bad accident. You suffered some pretty bad head and spine trauma." I expalined. Why didnt she know why she was here. Her chart says she was awake during the ambulance ride, and fairly lucid.

"Head trauma? Like what? Brain bleeds? Did they perform a cranionomy or a craniectomy?"

"Yes. You had some brain bleeds. Dr. Shepherd, our head of neuro, was able to repair them with a craniectomy." I explained.

"Whats my name?" She asked curiously. I was now fairly certain that her head trauma had caused some form of amnesia. Hopefully it was only temporary.

"Your name is Payton. Now tell me, can you remember anything else? Can you tell me how you know so much about your procedures?"

"The only thing i can remember is that im a medical student." She informed me.

"Alright, thankyou. Try to rest some more, im going to page Dr. Shepherd. I'll be right outside." I said before stepping outside and grabbing my pager.

💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉💉

"Well, Payton has suffered from some some pretty bad amnesia. Whether or not its permanent, well, we wont know for another couple weeks." Shepherd told me after examining Payton. He turned his gaze toward her?

"Do you have any questions, Payton?"

"When can I leave?"

"Well, you suffered some pretty bad injuries. Dr Avery will be keeping an eye on you just to be sure, but you'll have to be here at least two weeks."

"But i have finals on the 31st! I had to reschedule them for the end of march , and i cant reschedule again. The school board wont let me." She was visibly panicked when she went to stand up and realized she couldnt.

"Your spinal injuries were pretty bad and will require physical therapy before you can walk on your own." Shepherd said, trying to get her to stay in her bed.

"Payton, what date did you say you rescheduled your tests for?" I asked curiously. Shepherd looked at me with a confused look.

"March 31st. Why?" Payton responded. A look of realization crossed shepherds face.

"Payton... its december."

So there are the first 2 chapters! Im still writing the 3rd and it will be up soon. Im bot sure if i like this book though. Its pretty sucky. Please comment any suggestions below and please comment if you want me to continue this book.