S E V E N T E E N

Jackson Avery

"Oh,Payton..." I said, giving her a sympathetic look.

"Jackson, what? Just tell me." She said.

"Payton it was horrible. I don't think you should know, I don't want it to be something you have to live with."

"Jackson, no matter what, it still happened to me. I still have to live with it. What difference does it make if I know what I'm living with?"

"Payton is it really necessary for you to know? It was really terrible." I asked.

"Jackson please." She begged

"Fine, sit down."

______________________________

Alex Karev

"I'm home!" I yelled out. As soon as I set my bag down, Jackson stormed over to me.

"I told her."

"What?" I had no clue as to what he was talking about.

"Payton. I told her what happened, what put her in the hospital. She locked herself in her room." He said frantically.

"You dumbass. You just, I'm not sure. Just stay out of the way before you fuck things up even more." I yelled at him.

I stormed up the stairs, grabbing the key off the top of the door frame. I unlocked the door, storming into her room. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting to see, but it sure as hell wasnt the scene before me.
Payton was laying sprawled across her bed, blankly staring at the ceiling fan that was slowly spinning.

I softly laid down next to her, also directing my eyes up at the ceiling fan. "Are you alright?" I asked gently. There was a moment filled with white noise.

"Who was it? The one who- who, tried to do it." She asked.

"Payton, I-"

"Don't sugarcoat it. Jackson tried to. Just tell me who it was."

"I don't remember his name. He was just some random kid from the highschool who got involved with meth. Fucked him up, drove him to do crazy things."

"Oh thank god..." She sighed a rattling breath, and her words shook.

"Thank god." She whispered again as she finally broke down into tears. I gathered her into my arms as we both sat up on the bed.

"Thank god..?" I questioned.

"I thought it was him. I thought that he found me." She said crying hysterically now.

"Who found you Payton?"

"My dad. I thought he would try to do it again. He tried when I was twelve, but I ran. I ran away and I could hear him screaming at me. He said he would find me and I thought he finally did." She continued bawling into my chest. I gently rubbed her back as we rocked back and forth.

"Shh, your safe Payton. He can't get to you here. BYour safe."

----

"She's asleep." I announced as I walked downstairs into the living room. I plopped down onto the couch next to Meredith. Derek and Jackson were sitting next to Mer.

"Jackson told us. So she knows?" Meredith asked.

"Yeah."

"Is she alright?" Derek asked.

"She's alright. Wore herself out crying. She took the news better than I would have thought, though. She didn't cry until I told her who it was."

"Did she know the boy?" Derek asked.

"Actually,no. She cried because she was relieved that it was the boy. Apparently when she was younger, the same thing happened. Some tried to.. do the same thing. Her dad. She thought he came back for her to try it again."

"God that's horrible." Jackson shook his head.

"I don't remember it, if it makes you feel any better." A quiet voice said from the bottom of the stairs.

"So I take it Alex told you what my dad did."

So here's a shitty ass chapter for you guys. Sorry it's pretty short but I just wanted to get something up for you guys.

What do you think happened to Payton?

You know the drill, vote comment etc. Your my mashed potatoes with some gravy on top, thanks for reading.