N I N E

Derek Shepherd

"I'm sorry..."

"What? Payton did you just say something?" I asked.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?"

"I was stuck. Trapped."

"What do you mean? Payton your out now. Your out of the hospital."

"No. I was trapped in me. I was screaming and no one could hear. I lashed out when they would touch me, trying to get them to hear my screams. I didnt understand, I could hear them but I couldn't say anything. All I could do was scream. I was screaming but there was nothing. There was no scream. Nobody heard..." She trailed off.

"Payton, your out now. Your not trapped, I hear you." I reassured her. "What were you trying to tell them?"

"Everything. I couldn't tell them when I was in pain or what I needed."

"What was one of the things you needed?"

"A shower."
🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿🚿

Meredith Grey

Jackson, April, Alex wand I walked in through the front door.
"We're home." I called out. There was no answer from Derek. "I'm gonna go see what he's doing." I said. I started walking upstairs, only to be met by Derek barreling down the stairs.

"Meredith she talked." He said breathlessly. My eyes widened. I turned and we both ran downstairs and into the kitchen where the others were talking. They all turned toward us.
"She talked." I said.

We all raced upstairs and burst into her room. She looked up from her hands. I pushed Jackson forward and we all took a step back so we were n the corner of the room.

"Hi Payton, I just wanna make sure that your vocal chords haven't been damaged. Does your throat feel okay when you talk?" He asked her.

"Yes, My vocal chords are fine Dr Avery." She spoke.

All of our faces lit up at the sound of her voice. We were all looking at each other with stupid grins on our faces when Derek leaned over and started talking to me. He told me how her conversation went with Payton.

"Alright, I think she's had enough excitement for one day." I said. Everybody else cleared out of her room and I sat down on the bed next to her.

"You can't shower because there's too much of a risk of you slipping plus you can't get that cast wet. So your just gonna have to take a bath, sorry." I told her. She contemplated it for a second before agreeing.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"She's in the bath right now. I told her I would be up there soon to help her out." I told everyone, who was sitting in the kitchen.

"Here, I figured she would need some clothes to borrow." April said handing me a pair of pajamas and some clothes.

"Thank you." I said, she nodded. I walked upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Come in."

I walked in and saw Payton trying to get out of the bath tub herself. I rushed over but she held out her hand to stop me.

"I want to be able to do thing for myself. Just, trust me." She said. She pulled herself into a half standing position and lowered herself so she was sitting on the side of the tub. She swung one leg over the edge and the another before standing up. A smile stretched across my face. She walked over to the bench by the vanity, her steps a little wobbly. Finally she sat down and I handed her the pajamas.

"I'm going to run downstairs really quick, call me when your done." I told her, walking out the door.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was standing downstairs telling the others about how Payton had gotten out of the bathtub herself. It had been a while since I'd left her up there but I decided to give her a couple more minutes.

About 5 minutes later I decided to go get her.

"I'm gon-" I was interrupted by a loud crash.

"That sounded like it came from the stairs..."

I am so sorry I haven't been updating lately. One of my family members recently passed away and I started school again and everything is just so crazy. I'll definitely try to update more frequently. Love u guys so much. Honestly tysm to anyone who read my books. Especially those of you who vote and comment on every chapter and add this to your reading lists. Ilysm. ❤️❤️