35

//This update is trASH AND SO AM I; SO SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE ;-;

~

Our coffee date had become utterly silent after our prior uncouth exchange, the phrase 'I don't have you' becoming infamous in my mind. This brought me to gingerly sipping my drink--as I was now--with my attention diverted elsewhere, trying to avoid Kid's uncomfortable stare. I could tell what he had said earlier was on his mind as well, but I wasn't planning on confronting him about it. That takes effort and care, two things I conveniently don't have.

He let out an awkward cough, which acted as the first thing to interrupt our awkward silence since it had started around ten minutes prior. I looked towards him on instinct due to the spontaneous noise, my eyes immediately dipping down to his now-empty coffee cup. I knew he wanted answers; it was just too bad that today I wasn't providing.

When he finally opened his mouth to say something, I expected it to be along the lines of 'Hey, I basically just put my heart on the line for you. Do you want to--oh, I don't know--maybe follow up with your feelings on it?' But nothing of the such came.

"Want to go to the skatepark?" I finally looked up into his eyes, giving him a gaze of confusion as if he spoke in a foreign language. You would too if that's the first thing you heard from your date within the past ten minutes. "Look, I know what I said made this," he paused, gesturing between the two of us, "Really awkward, but I was wondering if we could just brush it off and hang out... like we used to?"

I contemplated saying no for a brief second, not wanting to spend a moment longer with the dipshit in front of me. Then I realized all of the possibilities this could hold, a twisted smirk straining my lips. "Yeah, sure, we are trying to mend our broken friendship again, right?"

A grimace swiftly came as soon as it left on Kid's face, him so obviously attempting to hide the pain I had just caused him. Yep, that's right folks; I hit him right in the friend zone. Guards, take this miscreant away to palcatraz.

"Yeah, of course. I really did mess up a few years ago, I missed you in my life," He gave me one of his rare genuine smiles, a similar one forming on my face as well. Similar in the sense that they're both complete shams.

Don't say it. The unidentified voice whispered. You know you have to steal his heart, not break it.

'Oh? But love takes work,' I thought to myself mischievously. 'And shit, he's certainly going to work his ass off for me.'

"Really? Didn't seem like it, Mr. Popularity," I said, whipping out my favorite nickname for him (aside from Death the Bitch, of course). "After all, you kind of just up and left me in the dust for sex, drugs, and rock and roll. With a little less rock and roll, that is," I stood from the table with my body still slightly hunched over it, palms pressed flat against the cold surface of the table that I was previously sat at.

Without my realizing, my skin-tight shorts--borrowed from Liz's wardrobe, of course, since I had no other clothes outside of my dress from the night previous--began to show a bit too much (as they're unfortunately high cut), and it was jutted out for the world to see. To put it quite simply, my ass became a more popular attraction than all the rides in Disneyland to all the drooling, perverted guys in the room.

Kid glared--more intensely than I'd ever seen before--at the men around us, them all quickly swiveling their heads to look at something more interesting than my butt. Kid heaved a heavy sigh with a dark blush tinting his cheeks, him looking away from me angrily as I stood up straight. I sassily walked out the doors of the cafe with Kid racing to be at my heels, newfound confidence washing over me.

"Disgusting asymmetrical perverts," Kid grumbled under his breath as we walked along the sidewalk, him outstretching a hand to summon his skateboard. The green board fell at his feet, him stepping on it gingerly before gripping my arm and tugging me up with him. I landed face-first into his firm chest, my y/h frame pressed flush against his taller one. Awkward didn't even begin to describe this position. As if this situation couldn't get any more awkward, I had suddenly remembered a key factor that was going to throw a wrench in our plans.

"Kid," I separated myself from him while balancing on the open space near the nose of the board, giving him an are-you-kidding-me kind of look. No pun intended. "I don't have my board, what am I supposed to do when we get there?"

Kid feigned a look of contemplation. "How convenient! Looks like I'm just going to have to impress you," I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time today, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, as if you could impress me."

"Watch me, princess," I felt the ground beneath me become invisible, my eyes widening when I realized that Kid had picked me up bridal style. His warm arms gripped me tightly as he kicked off the ground, propelling his skateboard forward toward the area I where spent the majority of my free time--the skatepark.

~

A/N: I'm sorry for my lateness! I was really trying to finish it yesterday, but a lot of complicated stuff came up. All too dramatic for my tastes, if you know what I mean.

Sorry for this update's shortness and lameness, it just reflects who I am as a human being ;)

Shitty jokes aside; how are all of you? are you doing well?

QOTD: Do you think I'll manage to update every day from now on as promised? (lol I'll try)

I hope you're having a lovely life and if not my DM is open to you; have a nice day y'all! Stay classy.

~Christy <3