Prolouge

Paige's POV 

It's been two weeks since my big sister, Brooke, committed suicide. I still have her note. I've been reading it, over and over, trying to figure out what she meant.

Dear Family,

I love you all, and I want you to know this isn't your fault. I'm just so sick of the names. I know I'm worthless, I know I'm a bad dancer. I'm a bad singer too. But I want you to remember that this is for everyone's good. No one needs me, or wants me. And Paige, I love you, remember what I told you. You can make it to Broadway, or any professional ballet, you're perfect, and I'm not. Find the book Paige, I know you remember it, just think. Josh, you were 9. I know you remember it too. You are amazing at everything, and I know you can get Chloe, she likes you too. I love you all, and don't blame yourselves.

Brooke

"But I don't remember the book Brooke! I don't remember!" I shouted, to the sky. Tears streamed down my face. Josh came outside, and wrapped me in a hug. It was freezing outside, and I hadn't brought a jacket. The middle of winter in Pittsburg. Josh coaxed me inside, where I sat on the couch, curled in a ball, and cried. I was trying to think of when Brooke was 11, and I was 10. That would have been two years before Dance Moms started. Suddenly, I popped up.

"Josh! Josh! Come here!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He asked, coming down the stairs.

"I know what she was talking about!"

"What?"

"Brooke, her letter." I explained, and he nodded.

"Remember when we were little, when mom and dad had first decided to sign the contracts for Dance Moms, and they gave us each a journal, to write what we were feeling about the episode, and how we though the drama was?" I said, remembering the memory perfectly.

"Yes! They said that we could give the producers it at anytime. But, of course, we didn't want to lose our contracts, so we kept quiet." He said.

"Ya! Remember we all decided to hide them..." I trailed off.

"In the tree house!" Josh screamed, and sprinted towards the huge tree in our backyard that held our tree house, the one we used to love as kids. The one that, if you climbed the huge branch that stuck out, went straight to Brooke's window.

I read the first entry.

Dear Diary,

Paige, if you're reading this, please have the other girls with you. Josh, you read this too. Please have them with you.

Thanks,

Brooke