Sorry, Brooke

PAIGE'S POV

I silently walked to my room after dance, thinking about Brooke. Her smile, her hair. How jealous I always was of her. She was so good at acro. She was perfect at everything, singing, dancing, telling stories. I took a shower, and put on some yoga leggings and a teal hoodie from PINK. I grabbed the diary, feeling bad about reading ahead. 

"Sorry, Brooke," I whispered, under my breath. I opened the diary up, and turned to where we left off. 

Dear Diary,

Tuesday, August 30th, 2013

Here's the story of the first day Kendall started being mean to me.

I walked into school, hoping it would just be a normal day, I'd hang with the dance team, hoping to avoid the popular girls. They came at me again, when I walked in, shouting the normal insults, whore, slut, bitch, fatass, etc. They each stung, but not as bad as when Kendall walked up. I expected her to walk up and shut them up. You dance girls always had a way of shutting Peyton and Kelsey up. 

But, Kendall, joined them. I know she was jealous that I had been getting Abby's attention lately, I was slowly becoming the favorite again. I thought she would at least understand what I went through everyday.

"Don't even bother," She snapped, "I don't like to talk to fatass whores at all." She strutted away, leaving dumbfounded Kelsey and Peyton behind her.

"You heard what she said, fattie. She doesn't like you anymore, slut." Peyton shoved me.

"Don't do that again!" I yelled. 

"What are you gonna do about it? Huh? Eat another cheeseburger? With the amount of fat you have, I doubt you'd catch up to a turtle if you race one." She sniped, and sashayed away.

I blinked my eyes, to keep from crying. I found a razor in my backpack from the last trip to Target I took. I ran to the bathroom, and cried my eyes out. I sliced my cuts deeper this time. The blood poored out, but it felt good. I kept cutting, and soon, I was dizzy. The last thing I remembered was Chloe shouting before I passed out.

I woke up in the hospital, surrounded by my team, minus Kendall and Peyton. Everyone stared at me, worriedly. The thing that hurt me most was the look on mom, dad, Paige, and Josh's faces. I knew they genuinally cared about me. Chloe was bawling. Paige blinked away a tear, as did the rest of my family.

"Brooke, honey, Chloe said she found you, fainted, in the bathroom at school. What happened?" Mom asked me.

"Uh, well, I haven't been feeling the best lately, and I've been staying up really late studying. I didn't think it'd get this far. I'm sorry!" I lied, and silently thanked Chloe for not telling them the truth. I knew there would be a catch, though.

"Oh, Brookie, we thought there was something actually wrong! It's okay hun! You can stay home from school tomorrow. Get some rest, drink some water, and everything will be okay." My mom siad, and the doctor nodded with her.

"You seem to have very little food in your system. I don't know if that's just because you haven't been feeling well, but try to eat a little more, it will build up some strength to fight infections." The doctor said, and ordered the nurses to release me. Once everyone wished me well, including Abby, Chloe, Paige, and Josh were left.

"Brooke, we know you were cutting in there." Paige said.

"Thank you for not telling, Chlo, it means the world to me." I said.

"I won't tell, under one condition." She said, staring me in the eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"That you stop." Josh said, grabbing my arm, and sqeezing it.

"Fine." I lied.

"Pinky promise?" Chloe asked. I locked fingers with her, and we kissed our thumbs, locking it. I held my crossed fingers behind my back, technically voiding the promise. Chloe smiled, and I left the hospital later. Once I got home, I feel asleep, thinking about new and clever ways to hide my food.

Kendall, do you realize that you did this? You caused the hospital trip, the fainting, the missing meals. How do those words feel now?

Love, 

Brooke Marie Hyland

I finished the entry, and almost started bawling. I remembered that day. I remembered how we should have told my parents or Abby right away. Maybe I helped cause Brooke's death. I thought, as a pang went through my chest. Maybe I'm the reason my sister, my best friend is dead. i started crying, and I cried myself to sleep.

A/N

how'd you like it? Sorry it took forever. can we get 7 comments and 10 votes? Sorry I just really like the feedback you guys give! Thank you so much for being patient I love all of you!! Hope you like this chappie! My fave Brooke picture on the side! :)

- <3 Hannah