Dear Diary: August 27th

Paige's POV

I flipped the next page, knowing that all of us had dance soon, and this would probably be the last page we would be able to read for the day. I started reading.

"Dear Friends,

It's now Saturday. I barely survived the last week, it's only been little tortures, not enough to write down, but today was the first day of the competition. Ever since Peyton joined the team, I've been having to see her everyday, after school, and on the weekends. My solo was gorgeous, along with the costume, but it's just not right for me. I don't have a connection to the piece, after all, it's call Beautiful, and I'm anything but that. 

So, I spent the bus ride pretending I wasn't hurting from the whole Chloe and Nick ordeal. I laughed, and sang along with all of you, and even helped Kenzie stretch her scorpian even farther. My back has been hurting a lot lately, even more intense than usual, but I can't let anyone know, I can't let them take me away from the one place where I can be (somewhat) free.

Today is Maddie's first competition up in the teen category, and she's been giving me the stink eye all bus ride, when she has the chance. I don't want to lose her as a friend. She's like my littl esister, and I love her to death. I don't think I'll be able to bear it. 

I think I feel like Demi Lovato in that line-

Do you have to make me feel like there's nothing left of me?

Only I don't think I can rise like a skyscraper. I can't rise. I can't let go of all of those words. I can't ignore those words anymore. I can't take it. And the cutting is the only thing that keeps me sane. Dosen't anyone understand that?!

I think Paige saw my cuts today. I will have to tell her eventually. I trust her more than anyone in the world, the only one who beats her is possibly Josh. At the competition, Peyton "spilled" Cherry Coke on my white costume. She whispered in my ear as she walked away:

"Maybe you can wear something that covers your fat now."

Which of course left me going out in Chloe's old costume Ghost. It was a full costume, which made me feel better, but I couldn't help but feel self conscious. I had already made sure to douse my cuts in consealor and other makeup. They didn't show, but Paige had seen them before we left this morning. I smiled at her, as if to reassure her, which helped, I think. 

Anyways, Maddie and I went down for our solos together, but she still seemed a little cold to me. My solo went really well, and so did Maddie's. Now I'm in our room, because groups are tomorrow, and then awards. I skipped swimming in the pool because, well, I didn' t want to wear my bikini, and I didn't want the makeup to come off my cuts. So I faked not feeling well. Hey, that gets me out of eating too.

Well, mom's back.

Lots of love,

Brooke Marie Hyland"

I finished reading, and Maddie started bawling, which got everyone starting on how beautiful Brooke was. We all remembered that competition. Brooke won first, and Platinum, while Maddie got third. But Brooke was wrong. She was worth it. She was beautiful, she was amazing. 

"Girls! Time for dance!" My mom called up, leaving allof us thinking about how the hell we would be able to face Abby and Peyton in this kind of mood, after reading this. 

"Lets all wear full leos, in honor of Brooke." Maddie said, the words jumbled because of her tears.

We all nodded, solemnly. I handed every girl a long sleeve leotard. We all left silently, the only thing that was heard was the shuffling of feet, dance bags, and the ocasional sniffle.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HERE'S THE NEXT CAHPTER. 2 COMMENTS 2 VOTES FOR THE NEXT ONE? THANKS FOR READING AND I HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

- <3 HANNAH