I Can't Do This Anymore

PAIGE'S POV

I stared out the window of my mom's minivian, wishing, praying, for Brooke to come back. She wouldn't, and I knew it. I just didn't believe it. Knowing and believing  aren't the same thing. Lots of people think they are, but they're not. I knew Brooke couldn't come back, but part of me still bieleved she could. 

I jumped out of the van, and grabbed my Tutti Frutti large duffel bag. It held all of the stuff I'd need for today, pointe shoes, jazz shoes, tap shoes, ballet flats, modern shoes, black jazz shoes, and everything I needed for my pointe shoes, along with an extra black leo and pink tights. I held my knee pads in my hand, and I was wearing the same OXYjEN outfit that I wore for our very first shoot with them, only it was now in a size that fit me. I wore sweats over my bottoms, and one of my ALDC warmup jackets. My Pink Bailey Button UGGs crushed the snow, and I put my earbuds in, playing my solo, duet, and group music on a loop. 

I walked in, and Gia handed me a slip of paper. On it there was a scraweled note.

Paige-

Please meet me in Studio C immediately. Bring all of your stuff.

~Miss Abby

I shrugged, and walked there. Abby was sitting there, crying, holding a peice of paper that was crumpled and had plenty of tear stains. Her bottom lip wobbled, and she stared at me. I walked over, and comforted her, while she handed me the paper. 

Dear Abby,

I hope you know this isn't your fault. You yelled at me for the show, I knew you cared. You wanted me to suceed, you wanted me to win. And I did, I was sucessful. You taught me everything I knew. Please don't blame yourself. You were my second mother, you loved me like a mother. I'm sorry Abby, I let you down, I was fat, untalented, and I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.

Love,

Brooke Marie Hyland

"She's wrong. She was the most talented, beautiful girl ever. Paige, you have to win with this solo about her, do it for her." Abby said, hugging me.

"I will Abby, I will." I answered.

"Ok," She said, and started the music, an aucostic cover of Say Something. I slipped on my modern shoes, and got in my starting pose, the music started, the peice was simple, elegant, gorgeous. It was for Brooke, and my emotions were barely in check, and at my ending pose I was crying. Abby hugged me, and we ran it some more, and then I left, and sat in the dancer's den, holding a picture of Brooke, crying silently. Gia came in, and sat next to me, letting me bawl into her shoulder.

"Gia, I can't do this dance, it reminds me way to much of her, I just can't!" I cried. She grabbed my shoulders, and made me stare into her eyes.

"Paige, listen to me. Brooke would want you to. Paige, you can do this, you can win, just beleive."

"Just let me go home, G, I can't do this right now." I said, and walked away, where I grabbed my bag, and keys, and ran out to my car. Then I drove home, and cried into my pillow, until I decided to open the Diary. I read the first two sentence, and gasped, I couldn't read any farther. I started crying again, and felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I threw the diary on the ground, and kicked it away from me. I couldn't do this anymore, I couldn't read Brooke's diary, I couldn't be without Brooke, I couldn't dance without Brooke, I missed her, I loved her, I needed her. I can't go on without her. I ran downstairs, and into the garage. No one was home except Josh, and he was in his room playing Xbox. I found a rope, a sturdy, thick one. I ran back upstairs, being as quiet as I could. I tied it to my ceiling fan, and scribbled a quick note. Then I slipped it onto my dresser, on top of the diary. I grabbed a chair, looped the rope around my neck, and then stepped off the chair. The rope tightened, and I felt my airways get cutoff, and my strength slowly detteriated. My vision blurred, and I heard Josh scream. No, Josh don't save me. I opened my mouth to tell him, but I couldn't speak, and then I blacked out. 

A/N

OMG I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER AND THIS IS SUCH A BAD CHAPTER I'M SO SORRY. OMG SO I'VE HAD TWO SNOW DAYS THIS WEEK BUT THEY EMAILED US OUR HOMEWORK SO WE ESSENTIALLY HAD SCHOOL. UGH :( WELL THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!! 8 COMMENTS AND 15 VOTES. PAIGE DANCING ON THE SIDE.

- <3 HANNAH