Dear Diary: August 23rd

Paige's POV

The next page, I dreaded it.

"Dear Friends,

Today is the second day of school. The second day of being called fat, whore, slut. I'm used to it. After all, it happened last year. Never as bad as this year. Just because Nick dumped me. People have to find out why, and I won't tell them, so they make stuff up. Welcome to high school, Paige.

At lunch, I got a salad, and ate two bites, while I sat in the corner of the courtyard. I hate school so mcuh. I can't wait for dance most days. Because dance feels like home, at least when Peyton isn't there. After I ate two bites of my salad, I checked the Gossip page for my school, and instantly saw my own face. I read the post.

Good afternoon FRHS students,

We all know Brooke Hyland. After all, half of the world does, thanks to her TV show. But what if I told you the gossip everyone wants to know. 

Why did Nick dump her?

Well, word says the fabulous Nick Pent recently asked out freshman Chloe Lukasiak. We all know she's pretty, but did Nick really dump a sompomore for a freshman? How'd that feel, Brookie?

You know you love me, XOXO

I instantly started crying, this hurt, like a bullet to the heart. I ran to the bathroom, and locked myself in a stall. Then I cried, and cried. Then I texted Chloe, asking if this was true, and if she said yes. She answered yes to both of those questions, which broke my heart. I sat there, not caring that I had missed a period of class already. Soon, Paige, you found me, and told me to go home. So I left school, driving my car home. 

At home, I holed myself up in my room, watching reruns of Gossip Girl, and eating Ben and Jerry's.

Later, mom got you, Paige, and told me to get ready for dance. I splashed my red, blotchy face with water, and put on concealer and mascara. I pulled out a razor blade, and scraped it along my left wrist, twice. It felt so good. I dabbed the blod away, and put on my California Kisses long sleeve black heart top and black bootie shorts. I pulled on sweats, and a sweatshirt, and my UGGs. I grabbed an apple, since I needed some sort of food, and this was the least amount of calories I could get. 

We got to dance, and I practiced my solo. When I came in to the Dancer's Den, I saw Chloe and Nick, kissing. I almost started crying, and the pain struck right through my heart. Does he even miss me? I doubt it. No one likes someone who's fat and ugly, let alone misses them.

Love,

Brooke Marie Hyland

I looked at Chloe, who was bawling.

"I d-didn't mean to! I-I'm s-so sorry!" She wailed, and picked up her phone. She dialed someone's number, and started talking.

"Nick, we're done. I'm sorry, but it's what I need right now." She said, trying to fight tears. She hung up, and burst out in tears again, while everyone comforted her. I thought about how I didn't even ask Brooke what was wrong, let alone tell Chloe. Maybe it's not Chloe's fault. It's mine.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OMG GOSSIP GIRL IS AMAZING!!! Haha, reference up there ^ So how'd ya like it?? I'm pretty proud of this chapter. :) Please comment and vote, I need some feedback. Love you all, thanks for reading! Chloe, Clara, Paige, and Brooke on the side. (I LOVE THAT PIC)

- <3 Hannah