The Letter

Kendall's POV

That night, I sat at home, holding the letter. It was in its envelope, and from here it looked like a normal old letter. No one, other than I, knew the power it held. It held all of my built up feelings about my murder. 

So I sat, staring at the envelope. Quickly, out of nowhere, my hand snatched a pen. 

I wrote Brooke's address, and grabbed my keys. I ran out to my car, and started it. I drove the path I knew too well. The Hyland residence. I grabbed the envelope, and slid it in the mail slot. I rang the doorbell, and dashed out to my car, driving away.

No One's POV

The doorbell was a shocking sound that echoed all throughout the Hyland household. Kelly was in her room, sobbing. Josh was playing Xbox, his only way to cope, and Randy was at work, still. That left Paige, up in her room, sobbing, alone with only Chloe to comfort her. Chloe dashed downstairs and grabbed the mysterious envelope that didn't come with the normal mail.

She turned the envelope over in her hand, and saw the person it was addressed to.

Brooke Hyland

Was scrawled in messy letters, and the envelope had water stains, almost as if someone cried while writing the simple, yet powerful name on the front. Chloe, knowing the power of her name, gasped. She ran the envelope upstairs, and handed it to Paige, who stopped sobbing just enough to text the dance team to come over.

Soon, the very well known doorbell rang again, and Chloe led the girls up to Paige's room.

"A letter." Kenzie said.

"To Brooke," Chloe said.

"From-" Nia started.

"Kendall." Maddie said, voice full of disgust.

"Let's open it." Kenzie said.

"I don't know, guys." Chloe said.

"We should do it." Paige spoke up, making the girls nod, almost as if Paige was the leader. She wasn't the oldest, but Brooke was her sister.

"Okay," Chloe said, and opened the envelope, carefully, almost as if she was afraid there was a snake in it. The girls stayed silent, each one reading the letter from the girl that they used to know as a sister. The girl who practically killed the other girl they used to think of as a sister. 

"She's really sorry, guys." Nia said.

"No, no, no!" Kenzie sobbed, "She's not sorry! She just wants to be friends with us again!"

"Guys, I think she's genuinally sorry." Chloe said.

"I don't know, guys, part of me says I should believe her, but the other part sides with Kenz." Maddie said, and soon all the girls were shouting their side of the argument at each other.

"Guys! Just shut up!" Paige shouted, again, shutting the girls up, "Listen, Brooke gave Maddie a second chance only because she was also nice to me," she adressed Chloe's main point of argument, "and she was friends with Peyton. Brooke was way more torn up about Kendall than Maddie, or she would've written Maddie a letter. I can't forgive guys, I'm sorry. I just feel like Brooke wouldn't want me too. Plus, I'm scared she's gonna turn on me too." Paige finished, having used the powerful name multiple times, and leaving the girls in stunned silence. All of the girls were crying. After all, who wouldn't be, after losing their best friend, their sister?

A/N

NOT MY BEST CHAPTER, BUT I NEEDED A FILLER! ;) I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! RANDOM YET CUTE PIC ON THE SIDE. ILYASM! SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?? COMMENT BELOW WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN! I MIGHT USE ONE OF YOU IDEAS! VOTE TOO PLZ

-<3 HANNAH