A Letter From Who?

Kendall's POV

A few days after Paige kicked me out, my mom shouted up to me.

"Kendall, honey, you have mail!" She said, in a very worried voice. 

"Really?" I questioned, it was probably just a report card or letter from a teacher about the missing essay I didn't turn in. But, when I got down, the return address made me gasp.

Brooke Hyland

The name at the top of the return address. I bit my lip, this had to be a trick. Maybe it was Paige getting back at me for all the bad things I'd said. Maybe it was Paige getting back at me for being the reason of Brooke's death. I took the envelope up to my room, and read the letter. This was not a prank. I finished the last sentence with tears falling down my face.

Karma's a bitch

Rolled around my head. Around and around, spinning over and over. I started to cry. I didn't mean to, Brooke! I just wanted you to stop being the favorite. I knew what would make me feel better. I silently pulled out a notebook. I grabbed a black pen, and scribbled the date on the page.

Dear Brooke,

I'm so sorry. I wanted to be your friend so bad. I'm not lying, I loved you. I just wanted to be the favorite, too. It was a bad decision, you'd been my friend since I first joined the team and no one would talk to me. You would talk to me, you would tell me how to get the girls on my good side. 

You taught me most of the acro I know now. You taught me not only to be a likeable person, but to be a good friend. I guess I blew both of those. I'm an awful person, and I'm so sorry, Brooke. You should be mad at me, and you're right, karma will come and slap me in the face. 

I hope karma does hit me hard. Because what I did to you was the worst thing in the world. Excuse the tear stains on this. I love you Brooke, and I'm sorry I did such a shitty thing to you. You deserve way better friends than me. I guess I'm no longer your friend. 

Brooke, I'm so, so, sorry.

Love,

Kendall K Vertes

I cried, and cried, and cried. I grabbed an envelope, tucked the letter in. I wrote the address, and cried again. I sobbed, and sobbed. Because I was a criminal. I was essentially a murder. I essentially killed my best friend. I killed the girl who welcomed me and accepted me when no one else did. When no one accepted her, I just ignored her. Some friend I was. 

I guess I'm more of a murder than a friend.