Dear Diary, A Letter To Peyton

Paige's POV

I opened the Diary to the next page, with the girls, minus Kendall and Maddie. Only, it wasn't an entry. A neat envelop was tucked inside. On the envelope was an address, one I knew all too well. It was none other than Peyton Akerman's address. A pink sticky not was attatched to the envelope, and in Brooke's neat handwriting it read :

Please send this to Peyton, after you read it. 

I shrugged, and opened the unsealed envelope.

Dear Peyton,

You know that you were my best friend. Until the show. When they started putting you against me, and it was like you couldn't be friends with me. Maddie and Chloe were constanly against each other, but they were still best friends. Why couldn't we? You were never mean, you just ignored me. Until high school, when it was you and me competing for Nick. You and me competing for Abby's favoritism, you and me competing for popularity. Until, one day you won. You got the popularity, and I lost Nick. Abby still loved me. One thing I didn't lose was the lady who I had to leave. I had to leave dance, because I would faint when I danced. 

When you got the popularity, I lost Nick. I didn't lose Nick because I wasn't popular, no. I lost Nick because I was becoming a shell of the old me. I became a shell, always lost in thoughts of how to make myself prettier, skinnier, better. He didn't like my loss of confidence. You caused the lack of confidence. I became the target of the popular kids. The popular kids who took Kendall. 

Yes, others were a part of my death. But Peyton, you were my best friend. My best friend that made me lose Kendall, and Maddie, the girls who were my rocks after you left me. 

I lost Kendall, I lost Maddie, and I lost you. Congrats, Peyton, you won.

You may have won, but winning comes at a price. Lucky for you, the price wasn't big. Your only price was losing me.

Love,

Brooke Marie Hyland

I let a tear drip onto the page as I tucked it back in its envelope. Chloe sighed, and grabbed the letter from me, sealing the envelope, and taking the sticky note off. Kenzie grabbed it from her, and left the room. She came back, a minute or so later, and I assumed she put it in our mailbox, when I asked her, she answered with only a nod. 

We all had silent tears running down our cheeks, thinking of our memories with Brooke, our lives with Brooke. Now we had to live without Brooke. Living without Brooke was hard, the hardest, sadddest, worst, shittiest, most awful thing ever. My life had revolved around Brooke, I look up to her, I love her. I miss her more than the world, more than you could even dream.

So for that, I cried, we cried. We cried because Brooke was gone, and we had done nothing to stop it.

A/N

HEY GUYS!! SORRY I HAD A SCHOOL FEILD TRIP SO WE WERE GONE FOR A WEEK :( I MIGHT GIVE UP WATTPAD FOR LENT :O THAT WOULD MEAN NO UPDATES FOR 40 DAYS. ARE YOU GUYS OKAY WITH THAT? LOL IM NOT CATHOLIC SO IT'S NOT REALLY A REQUIREMENT BUT MY FRIEND IS DARING ME. COMMENT BELOW! VOTE PLEASE! KENZIE'S NEW PHOTOSHOOT IS ACTUALLY AMAZING SO ENJOY ONE OF THE PICS ON THE SIDE.

-<3 HANNAH