Chapter 36: Promise?

***Perrie's POV***

 "-we've almost arrive Misses Edwards,"Marco told us.

"Thanks,"I said.

Jade, Emily, Jesy, Leigh-Anne, and I were in the back of the limo almost arriving at the mall so we can buy dresses for the dance. 

I had my Purple Beats by Dr Dre over my ears and 'Little Things' by 1D blared in my ears. I'm not obsessed with them, but I am a fan. Their music is pretty sick though. I played with my fingers as I hummed along Harry's part.

I felt someone tap my  shoulder and it was Emily who did. I took off my beats so it was around my neck.

"Yes?"I asked her politely.

"Miss Edwards we have arrived,"she explained.

"Oh,"was all I can say.

We all got out of the car except for Marco who went to find parking and will meet up with us inside.

"So where shall we go first?"Jesy asked excitedly.

I shrugged. I didn't really care much for dresses, but of course me mum insisted on me wearing one for the dance. I might as well because I don't wanna look like a fool next to the others.

Jade, Leigh-Anne, and Jesy frantically searched for a dress as I slowly made me way to the racks and searched one by one for a dress. 

Then I found a simple red dress. I took it from the rack and looked at it. It was long sleeved but the sleeves were a red lace, there was also a thin, black glossy belt on it, and it was just a plain red color with thin red layer of red laced fabric over it. I smiled. I wanted this dress. Why? The simpleness in it, I could just wear my black combat boots and black leather vest over it and done.

"That's the dress you want?"Emily asked me.

I nodded my head,"yeah, it's just so..simple."

Emily smiled,"alright. Here would you like me to hold it for you Miss Edwards?"

"No thank you, I'll be fine,"I reassured her.

"Alright, if you need anything just tell me,"she said.

Another reason why I like this dress is because it's just like the dress Katherine wore on her 16 birthday 2 years ago. I remember that I was just a little 14 year old girl.

I smoothed the bottom of my dress. It was a simple nude color, one shoulder dress. The shoulder part was white and it made the dress white till it reached below my ribcage. I had a white, fake, rose clip which pinned down my hair from the left side.

I sat near the beautiful water fountain in the park.

Me parents rented a beautiful garden which was beautifully decorated as well. There were white, Christmas lights on the bushes and around the trunks of trees. There were benches everywhere. Tables on the grass which was trimmed early in the morning. The white table cloth neat and no specks of dirt or grass stains on them. The clothes over the chairs so it was comfortable. On the back of the chair were a red ribbon holding the cloth together with a rose pinned on it.

Red and white. Katherine's Sweet 16. Of course it was kind of festive because her birthday was December 15, near the holidays. She decided to make it a bit festive so she chose the beautiful colors; red and white. 

I was a bit upset because Jade's dress was much better than mine. Hers was a strapless red, plain dress but she accesorized it with black pumps making her taller than me while I wore cream colored flats. She had on a her beautiful, diamond covered hoops and her beautiful bangles that she had gotten on our birthday while I got earrings that were ok I guess. Her long, dark brown hair in a messyish bun with a real, red rose pinned near it which made her hair stunning while mine was just straightened with a fake rose pinned.

"Are you alright?"I heard a voice ask.

I look up to see Katherine sitting next to me.

She truly is beautiful. Her dark, brown hair curled to perfection. She had on eyeliner and mascara which made her dark, green eyes pop out. Her lips glossed with red lipstain. A tiara placed on the crown of her hair. She had on a beautiful long white long sleeved dress. The sleeves laced but what made the color soften was the light, red colored high heels she had on. 

I wiped the stray tears that has cascaded from my face,"of course. Shouldn't you be taking pictures with the family?"

"I was gonna, but I noticed me beautiful little sister was nowhere in sight,"she smiled as she tuck a whisp of my hair behind my ear that had covered my eye."Now, why are you so sad?"

I sniffled,"Jade..she;'s much more beautiful than me. You're more beautiful. I - I..people expect me to be like you, and it's hard."

"Hey, you're beautiful just the way you are. You know that right? Listen, I don't ever want you to feel insecure of your looks. Per, you're a beautiful young lady. And don't try to compare yourself to me or Jade. Heck, you do realize that you and Jade are identical twins right?"she teased which made me laugh slightly.

"Perrie you;re undeniably beautiful, just know that. Sure to most people maybe you aren't that beautiful, but to me, to a lot of people you're one of the most beautiful person I have ever met. Just remember that. Don't try to compare yourself to others,"she said."Promise?"

"Promise,"I whispered.

"Alright. Well I'll leave you alone ok?"she asked as she got up.

"Of course,"I nodded.

When she left I choked out a sob,"Sorry Kat, I - I lied,"I said as I took my hand from my back and uncrossed my fingers.

I continued crying silently. But of course I had to get back out there so I wiped my tears from my face and thank God that I am wearing water proof make-up. 

"I'm sorry Katherine, but, I lied,"I muttered as I looked down and held the dress tightly to me. Tears fell down and hit my combat boots.

I lied to me sister. The one person I believe in the most.

I think that this has to be my most favorite Perrie chapter ever. How 'bout you?

Much Love Guys

~IaMmE_Chick

Xxxxxx