15 // Taking Chances

WHY DID NONE OF YOU TELL ME THAT I KEPT SPELLING XANDER'S NAME AS XAVIER IN THE LAST CHAPTER. 

Oh well, I fixed it, you're forgiven. 

Yell at me if I do any of that ever again. 

When I arrived back at the compound, Xander was a few steps behind me. Damien was sitting, his palms pressed together as his knee bounced anxiously. Once he heard me, his eyes flickered up. They were bloodshot. He had been crying? 

"Cyan," he breathed. 

"Don't jump her bones, superman," Xander grumbled. 

With that last comment, he left us alone. 

"I--" 

"Don't," I growled. "You don't get to explain, because for the past month you've been lying to me, Damien." 

"I'm sorry," he muttered. "I should have waited." 

"You should have, but you didn't, did you? I need space. I need space away from you." 

"I understand." 

"You can go back to the Royal Palace with Ace and Lyon. I'm remaining here until Xander comes back to visit next week." 

"Absolutely not," the possessive aura overcame him again as he took a step closer. I matched him with one step back. 

"It's not up for discussion, Damien. Go pack your things." 

"He could mark you, he could--" 

"He could what, Damien! He could mark me without my consent? You already fvcking did that!" It was me roaring in his face now. His eyes were clouded black, and I knew he wanted to yell back at me. Hell, he might have even wanted to lay hands on me. Before anything could happen, I felt Ace's hands on my shoulders as he pushed me back. Lyon took ahold of Damien, but his eyes never left mine. Not even as he disappeared through the doors of Xander's mansion. 

Ace didn't try to ask me what happened. He was smart, he didn't want to piss me off. 

Lyon emerged from the mansion, alone this time. 

"He's letting you stay." 

"How kind of him," I gruffed. 

"He's letting you stay with me." 

I looked up at him, an eyebrow raised. 

"You stay in the same room as me, and you're by my side at all times until the week is up." 

"Sound a little less enthusiastic." 

"I'm the only man he trusts for the job, sorry Ace." 

Ace let out a dry chuckle. 

"Leave the unmated male to protect the future Queen of our nation in an isolated mountain of rogue werewolves that have up until now, dedicated their lives to killing her." 

"It would only be more ironic if she was pregnant, I know." 

I shot them both glares. 

"Fine." 

______ 

I sat cross legged in front of the lake, my sketchpad on my lap. I was struggling to capture the lighting on the top of the water. The snap of a twig behind me made me spin in my place, and I saw a light grey wolf half a foot taller than me standing behind me. As my eyes met the chocolate brown ones before me, I let go a breath of relief. 

"Hi, Xander." 

He padded to the grassy patch beside me, settling as he laid down beside me. His head rested in my lap, and I rolled my eyes. He was still big, even laying down.