35 // Fiancee

Can we take a minute to appreciate the fact that you guys have started sending me story covers??? I'm so happy about it. This was sent to me by the lovely roehny 

*There are matureish scenes, you've been warned*

Ever since Xander's unexpected visit, things based around planning the wedding grew very tense. Any click of a door opening set Damien on edge, and his hand was wrapped around my wrist every five seconds. He jumped at the sound of Lyon entering our bedroom, and I sighed before turning to him. 

"He's not going to come back, Damien. You scared him off, I promise." 

"My own brother and his little band of rogues have broken in more than once. I have to increase security." 

"You already have a guard following me from my studio to my bedroom at night, I don't think you can up it any more than you already have."

He looked at me, tense and unsure. I rested my hand on his shoulder, forcing him to exhale his heavy breath. 

"Are you sure you're okay planning the wedding on your own? I feel like I'm not involved." 

"Alessia is planning my own wedding more than I am," I chuckled. "You're busy protecting your people and running a species, I think I can handle one tiny wedding." 

If I was being honest, the wedding was the last thing on my mind right now. Damien wasn't the only one looking over his shoulder, waiting for Xander to show up again. I had given Alessia full rights to the wedding, and she was eating up every second of it. I still had to decide if my reason for looking for Xander was because I feared seeing him, or I wanted to see him. 

"If you're sure," he sent me a small smile before squeezing my hand again. That was his new thing, holding my hand. I think he thought that if he let go, one of Xander's crazy sidekicks would sweep me away in the night. 

"Positive," I kissed his cheek lightly before standing and deciding to go for a walk. Damien's love was bountiful, but at times, suffocating. 

I had begun to spend more and more times in the gardens. I had a perfect overview of the city, and it had been partying nonstop since we announced our engagement. It was finally beginning to die down. 

"I can't imagine how they'll react when you actually get married," 

I heard a chuckle behind me, and turned around to see Ace walking into the gardens behind me. 

"Let me guess, Damien didn't want me to be alone out here, so he sent you after me." 

"He's not trying to suffocate you, he just wants to keep you safe and very, very far away from Xander. When's the wedding?" 

"A month from now, I think The Council has it on steroids because they're afraid I'll change my mind last minute," I chuckled as I let my gaze travel back down to the ring on my finger. I was going to be a wife, and the ruler of an entire species. No big deal, right? 

Ace just let out an uncomfortable laugh, because we both knew that I was right. 

"I suppose I'm off to paint in the studio, since that's the only place that he seems to allow me to be alone," I sigh. 

"That reminds me, I'm supposed to give you this." 

He handed me a fancy envelope, one of the royal ones that you could always recognize in the mail. As I opened it, I couldn't help but read it aloud. 

You have been cordially invited to: 

The Solo Exhibition of Luna Cyan 

"What? I haven't planned an exhibition, Ace," I muttered, shaking my head.