Entry 4

I remember the day we met like it was only a couple hours ago.
I walked in to class with my usual bored expression. I walked to the teachers desk to ask for the seating chart seeing as I had been gone for three months. She left me in the back left corner of the class where I preferred to sit. I walked to my seat sat down taking off my sweater seeing it wasn't as cold as it was outside. I pulled out my favorite book, "The Secret Garden" reading it for probably the 50th time. The bell rang and everyone else began piling into class. I chuckled at how the huge jackets on these small 4th graders. Passing time was almost over when you walked in. "Ha! I made it on time today ma'am!". That was the first time i heard your voice and I instantly shot my head up and observed you. You had short dark hair that contrasted with your light tan skin nicely. You were wearing a dark army green striped sweater with dark blue denim jeans and a black t shirt underneath. I looked up at your face only to look straight into your eyes. Your eyes made me loose my breath because of how I felt they were looking straight into mine. I turned away as quick as I could with a faint blush on my face. I tried to continue reading but I heard the seat in front of me move and heard the movement of the person in front of me. I began putting my book down and placed the book mark on the page I was on. You put your gloved hand under my chin and lifted my face up. The moment I looked into your eyes, I moved away and turned a bit so I would be facing the board. I was thankful at this moment for having my fluffy bangs of the left side of my face ,so I wouldn't have to see you. I could feel you looking at me ,but after role call was done you turned around and payed attention to the board. For the rest of class, we stole glances at each other and I was wondering why you had caught my attention.
The bell for recess had rang and I put on my sweater, picked up my book, and waited for everyone else to go out the door before I did. I was finally able to get out and there you were standing there looking at me with confusion and what looked like a bit of anger. I stood there for a couple of seconds then walked away towards the tree I always sat at. I got to my tree, opened my book ,and began reading again. I heard foot steps and decided not to look up thinking it was one of my bullies. I saw the shadow of a hand and flinched thinking who ever was there was going to hit me. You moved your hand back, kneeled down, put your hand under my chin again, picked up my face, and just studied my face. I looked away because I didn't know why you were here near me, touching me, looking at me like I'm an unknown thing.
The bell for recess end began and you offered your hand to pick me up. I shook my head and got up on my own. I held my book and tried to walk as fast as my small legs would let me. You grabbed my wrist and caught up to me. I flinched and you looked at me with a questioning look but I kept my blank face on. We got into class and brought our attention to the board. I was able to not look at you and pay attention during half of the period until I was called up.
"Melody can you please help Alex with his work? He's a bit confused and I think you would be able to help him?" I nodded my head yes and went back to my desk.
"I like your name. Its really pretty. Kinda like you but you prettier." Your voice sent shivers down my spine and I looked up at you with a bored expression.
"What do you need help with?" I heard you gasp inwards when I began to speak.
" Wow" I heard you whisper. I looked at you in confusion. "Its nothing. Can you help with the reading." I nodded my head and you smiled. That made my heart beat fast and my stomach hurt a bit.
"Yeah which part do you need help on?" I asked you and you pointed to the third paragraph. I read it over and looked up at you again. "Okay let's read it over together"
"Okay as long ad you read out loud too because I like your voice" I looked at you with shock. "Well are we going to read?" I nodded my head and we read out loud together. I told you what was important and the definition of words you didn't know. We finished up and you looked at me. "Thank you MelodyAnn". I gasped as goose bumps went all over my body from hearing you say my name.
"No problem" I went back to work and heard you turn around to do your work as well.
The bell for lunch rang and again I waited for everyone to get out. I walked out and you were there again waiting for me. We got in line with you behind me and us being the last two in the line. We walked our way to the cafeteria and waited to get our tray. We were sat with you next to me and one of the girls from our class in front of me and one of my bullies in front of you. I began eating my fruit and just staying quiet when the guy began to speak. "So weirdo do you think you will ever not be a robot?". I shrugged and continued eating my fruit. "I'm talking you. Its rude of you to not answer me." I rolled my eyes and finished my fruits and began eating my vegetables. "Well have you added anything new? I bet you did which is why you're wearing a long sleeve." I froze and stopped eating. I dont know how he would pretty much guess that I hurt myself again ,but he was dead on.
"Look why don't you leave her alone? She obviously isn't doing anything to you ,so why bother her?" The people around us who heard you say that looked at you. "I dont remember you guys being part of the converstation so why are you so interested now?" They turned away and attempted to eaves drop.
"I'm just messing with her so calm down dude. Its just a joke." The guy spoke up.
"Well then you can quit with that old ass joke" you told him and I gasped because you had said a bad word.
The yard duty began allowing us to leave ,so you got our trash threw it away, grabbed me, and took me outside with you. When you took us to my tree I stood there and looked at you with curiosity. "Thank you for what you did in there. You didn't have to do that." I told you.
"Its no problem. You shouldn't be treated that way." I pulled out my book and remembered what you told me in class.
"Would you like me to read you some of my book?" You looked angry and I thought it would calm you down.
"Yes I really would." I motioned for you to sit down where I would usually sit. I was going to sit across from you but you shook your head. "Come sit right here" you were motioning to your lap and I immediately shook my head no. I sat next to you and you turned my body and placed my legs over yours. "Like this. Now can you read to me?" I began to read until the bell rang and we went inside.
In class you turned around and began doing your work facing me ,so I moved my stuff so you would have room to work. That's how we worked and I'm glad the teacher didn't mind because I really did enjoy your company. We got everything done and I read to you some more because you asked me to.
The end of the day came and you walked me to the front of the school and waited with me while I was waiting for someone to pick me up. When my mother came I said a faint good bye and walked out of the gates and into the car.

Remembering this day makes me smile ,but it also brings me so much pain.