24. Disgrace

Im so glad all of you hated the last chapter :D. I did too. But it had to happen for a reason! At least he stopped!!! Bad deacon! Bad! No cookie for you!

Chapter title deticated to @KarissaSamaroo

Nova

I was awoken by the pounding that began in my skull.. rhythmic beating, pulsating along with the movement of blood flowing in the veins around my brain. Agonizing. The pain increased with every moment I was awake, trying my best to keep my eyes shut tight.

Rolling to my side, trying to ease the throbbing in my brain, the blinding sun streamed through the window sending shockwaves through my eye lids, frying my whole frontal lobe. I thought I might scream from the agony.

That familiar aroma of bacon did nothing to arouse me and more to cause my stomach to twist and knot up.

I felt like throwing up at any moment.

Scrambling up as quickly as I could, i ran to my bathroom, my face over the toilet just in time as the bile rose out of my throat, hacking it up as it spewed from my mouth.

Tequila

That's all I tasted, causing another nauseating wave to crash through me.

Reaching for the sink, i managed to pull myself up and wet a clean wash cloth, pressing it to my face. It felt so good against my flushed skin..

I managed to steady my weight  and take a look at myself in the mirror,  pale skin and dark puffy circles under my eyes stared back at me as i tried my hardest to remember what happened last night after the party..

I wound up in my bed so Eden must know. Maybe she brought me home..

Popping a few advil, i zombie walked back into my room and pulled the curtains closed as i sheilded my eyes, so that nice relaxing blue was the only color of light illuminating my room, seeming like I was at an aquarium. I switched on my box fan, hoping to cool down as the meds kicked in and flopped back down on the bed.. thinking i have never felt worse physically in my life.

Moments later once the advil kicked in, my brain felt as if someone was taking it and plunging it into a tub of cool water, soothing me. I relaxed with a sigh, the pain ebbing away as I lay with the wash cloth over my eyes.

A few soft knocks followed by my door being opened, revealed my mom, an amused expression on her beautiful face.

"Did you have fun last night?" She whispered purposely so my head wouldn't burst.

"I think so?" I sounded unsure, my voice raspy and throat sore. Her laughter was contagious but i realized quickly that was a bad idea as i groaned from exerting myself too much.

"Here. Drink this." She walked toward me, a steaming mug in her hand. Sitting up slowly, i took it from her, sniffing the contents that had my stomach twisting in repulsion.

"Ugh what is it?" My aching eyes glanced up at her smiling ones.

"Its herbal. A wolf's remedy for a hangover. I used to have them every weekend." She attempted to hide the smirk that wanted to spread.

I gave her a sly half smile. Shrugging as i looked down into the swirling brown liquid, i took a deep breath and brought it to my lips, dipping my tongue into its warmth. The bitterness of the herbal tea gouged my taste buds out, my nose scrunching in disgust. Manning up, i gulped it down as fast as i could, holding my breath so my mouth wouldn't reveal the bitter taste to me. I handed the empty mug back to her, shaking my head at the after taste.