68. Strength

Chapter Soundtrack:
Mumford & Sons - Dust Bowl Dance

Song selection by RosieToovey

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Update #2 of double update sunday!

Happy birthday AdlynSmith !

*unedited bc i was typing like a mad woman to post on time*

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Nova
The golden gimmer from the necklace i held in my palm seemed to shimmer beneath the light of my bedside lamp.

The necklace Zaryn had given me once upon a time. It held meaning.. u debated on wearing it but it was too soon for that. I would decide on that once i decided where we stood with each other. When i am more comfortable with him again.. if he has changed for the better and if i can find it in me to trust him again.

He is still going to have to earn my trust back, mate be damned. Just because our libidos were in full swing the other day, means nothing. If he wants me as his, truly his... he will have to prove it to me.

The hard way.

Sighing, i dropped the necklace back in its wooden hand carved box, absentmindedly tracing the carvings of the polished wood. Such a heart felt gift...

Deacon has been on my mind since my shower.. and now its Zaryn. Those brothers just wont stay out of my head..

I wonder what Zaryn thinks of Deacon and what he had done. I wonder if he had forgiven him..

Getting up from the bed, i padded over before placing the wooden box inside the large shoe box full of memories.. most of them of Deacon. I couldnt look at those yet. Not yet. I placed the box back in the top of my closet and proceeded to close the door.

It was time to visit my brother.. then go for a nice training session..

It was either now or never that i face the pack. See what sort of reactions i recieved from them. Zaryn would be there too im sure. He is the Alpha afterall.

Already dressed in my yoga pants and sports bra with a hoodie over top, i walked down stairs to find my mom and dad sitting on the couch in their pajamas, my dads arm around mom as she cuddled into them.

They were doing the most mundane thing..

Watching tv.

Something i never saw them do together.

"Mom? Dad?" Approaching them with a look of confusion, they both turned their heads giving me a huge grin.

"Hey baby." Mom smiled, patting the seat beside her. I took it, my dad grinning ear to ear. Ive never seen him do that.

"How are you this morning princess?"

"Good dad. I went and saw Deacon's grave this morning.." i kept the part about Blake out. I wasnt sure if dad was still sore about that subject.

His eyes softened. "Im sorry they put him there.. in your special place."

A small smile graced my lips. "Its okay dad. I think... i think it will be okay. It was our spot afterall. Im working on forgiving him .. trying."