29. Instincts

Chapter Sountrack::
Sia - Elastic Heart

Highest rank so far is #43! Thats pretty darn cool :) Next chapter we are going to have a POV from someone who we all love to hate... hmmm...

Thank you for your votes and comments!!!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nova

Everything froze..

Quiet.. so quiet you could hear blood pumping through our veins.

I was in shock to say the least. Eden layed slumped over on to the breakfast nook in her cabin. Her last words: "i think I've been p.."

"Poisoned?" I asked myself in a soft voice as i stared at her limp form, my eyes widened .. my body not allowing myself to react.. my feet glued to one spot , lips parted.. trembling.

There's something i was supposed to do... something ....

The doctor!!!!

Getting my bearings back, my heart racing double time, i ran to Eden's purse that lie on her queen sized zebra printed bed, digging out her cell phone. Clicking through her contacts, my hands shaking, breath coming out in pants, i found Doc's number and dialed..

My eyes frantically searched her form.. unconscious yet still breathing.. i could hear the steady strum of her heartbeating slowly, letting me know she was there.

This isnt the time to go into shock. Do something..

"Hello?" The other side of the line finaly picked up after a moment..

I began pacing, my words coming out too quickly. "Doc quick!!! Eden has been poisoned i think. She's had a seizure.. foaming from her mouth before she colapsed. Come quickly! Send someone! Anyone!!" I yelled out hysterically.

He seemed to understand me even though i couldn't even understand myself and hung up, apparently getting into his truck with his medical supplies. He wouldn't have time to transport her.

Fast as lightning, i ran back to Eden, pulling her up right and picking her up .. her weight and height much more than my petite frame as i hoisted her in my arms, carryng her to her bed to lie her down flat. Her pale skin seemed to be translucent.. aside from the dark circles under her eyes.

I thought of wiping her face from the sunstance that came from her mouth but Doc needed to see everything.. to know.

"Eden" i took her hand in mine gingery, worry as well as anxiety filling me. She hadn't stopped breathing yet which was good. But her heart was weak. I began shaking . My hands tremoring..

Without warning, her door burst open revealing Old Doc who rushed in, a seriousness about his older balding form. Alpha Blake and my Dad strode in right behind him.. serious faces.

All business when facing life or death.

"Nova you should leave. If it is poison, we wont know the source. It could be any one of the items here." Alpha Blake commanded with the authority only an alpha can. My wolf had me bowing my head down in submission this time.

"Nova." It was my Dad..

Peering up at him... feeling lost.. along with more heart ache, he strode forward, taking me hand and leading me away from Eden's unconscious body as my head kept whipping back  back with worry.

"Honey you need to get out of here. I dont wamt anything happening to you either." An urgency underlying his worry.

I pled up at him with my eyes, his tall bulky form blurred from the unshed tears in my eyes. "Dad please make sure she's okay." My heart hung in a dark abyss by a single strand..