38. Secrets (part 3)

Nova

One word could describe the atmosphere in the meeting room of Alpha Blakes office.

Chaos.

Thick emotions settled through the air, enough to choke on.

I entered the room with mom right behind me, her hand squeezing mine with the aniety she felt. I gave her a gentle squeeze in return, silently telling her to calm down. The fear was coming from her skin, mixing in the air with the other scent of fear present.

That fear came from Grace.

"Looks like that's all of us then. Nova.. Dahlia.. have a seat." Alpha Blake was all business but his stance along with his expression gave way to how irritated and anxious he was to get this over. I watched closely as his eyes darted from me to my mom, and down to our entwined hands before I let her go, taking a seat beside my dad. I wanted to be between them.

Just in case.

Mom inched her way in beside me, sitting nervously in one of the black leather chairs at the twenty person long mahongany conference table as all the gathered wolves followed suit.

My eyes scanned the room.. Alpha Conrad at the opposite end, his usual amused yet pissed expression visible, eyes zoned in on Nic. Grace sat to his left, her brown eyes flitting around wildly, nervously glancing at Anita every now and then who sat directly in front of her.. looking for comfort.. for direction. Something Anita wasn't giving.

Anita sat on Alpha Conrad's right, her beautiful face a blank mask.. stoic as ever. Eyes not meeting anyone's.

The beta.. of which i havent gotten a name for.. stood behind Conrad, blank faced as a statue.

Alpha Blake sat with Luna Penelope on his left, at the center of the table. The kits laid out before him. Penelope stole a worried glance at my mom,  her hands fisted in her lap. Zaryn was beside his mom.. eyes on me. I dared not to look. But I could feel him watching . I felt his eyes  on me once we entered the room.. locked on me.

The pull of the mate bond was strong.. tingles all over my body from wherever his eyes reached. No doubt in my mind that there would be pain in those blue eyes.. a pain i didnt want to focus on right now.

At our end of the table, it was Nic, then dad, me, and mom in a row. Dad at the very head. He was pissed off as usual.. watching Anita the entire time with clenched fists and a tight jaw. He was ready to cut her down with his knowlege. We all were.

Nic sighed heavily.. his green eyes on Grace as she fidgeted. Rubbing her belly every now and then. It was all too quiet as Blake read the packaging of the blood kits to himself. The air was heavy with agression and fear.. a mixture that made all of our wolves uneasy.

A long sigh "Blake lets get this show on the road. Can't be that hard to figure out. " Conrad grumbled as he folded his arms earning a scowl from Blake as he set two tests down on the table, still wrapped in clear plastic along with two droppers. They looked like tiny pregnancy tests.. the ones that test for he hcg hormone.. not the kind you pee on.

"Alright. Heres the test." He slid one of them down to Conrad and the other to dad. "You two deal with the test because i don't want any interference from another source." He stared pointedly at Grace then Anita. A low warning rumble came from Conrad's chest at which i felt compelled to roll my eyes at.

My mom grabbed my hand beneath the table. Shaking. She was so nervous about this test results.. her skeletons out in the open for all to see.

I cleared my throat. "We should do it one at a time and i think Grace, you should go first. Alpha Conrad.. your daughter has been hiding a lot of things from you and I think its time you uncovered the truth about her. Before she ruins your name any further. She is not your daughter." I spoke matter of factly. All eyes snapped up to look at me.. agression in Conrad's as he glared. Anita narrowed her coal black eyes on me.. her beautiful features striking aside from those eerie black pits. Grace began to tremble as she took a peek at Conrad ..frightened.