Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I felt my body begin to shake, sweat formed on my forehead, ruining the foundation I just applied. Today is the day. Salvation or pride. I feel like I'm in some horror movie... Or maybe just an extremely dramatic chick flick, just without the boy falling at my feet. 

I wish I were a dog. I wouldn't have to deal with all of Erika's drama and greediness. Like, who blackmails someone for money?! Okay... Maybe criminals, and self inflicted bitches, but that's not the point. If I were a dog I could just sleep all day. 

I grabbed a fifty from my wallet and stuffed it in my bag. I'll make a decision later on today. I'm ruining my makeup. But seriously, why do I even care if people find out about this bet? There's already a rumor going around that I tried to sleep with Jake. Because then people have proof that you're a wannabe slut. 

School came along to quickly for my liking. I backed away from my locker when I saw Erika and Colin making out, right in front of it. Of course. Rub it in my face. I headed to my homeroom and dropped my bag beside my chair. 

"Bags aren't permitted in the classroom, ms. Hawkins," Mr. English said. Yes,. He's my english teacher and his last name is English. It's sort of funny, if you ask me. If my last name was something like Blacksmith, I wouldn't become a blacksmith 'cause of my name. But people have different intensions. 

"I know," I replied, skimming through my apps on my phone. He cleared his voice and I looked up to find his arms crossed and a glare on his face, only deepening the wrinkles that lined his forehead. Standing up, I swung my bag on my shoulder and proceeded to leave the classroom. I was to exhausted to start pleading to leave my bag in the classroom because the guy's heart I'm supposed to steal, is locking lips with the devil I'm supposed to steal him from. 

When I came to my locker, I let out a cry of relief when they were both gone and out of sight. I threw my bag in my locker, and slammed it shut. Slowly making my back to my homeroom. I wasn't looking forward to having class with Colin, actually I'm dreading it. I hate him. Even though he's only ever spoken to me like, two times, everything he does just pisses me off. 

Off in my own little world, I hadn't noticed that Jace had joined me on my way to class. 

"Hey," I acknowledged, giving him a smile. He smiled back at me and did that weird head nod thing that guys do. I felt my mood brighten up with his presence. 

"How've you been?" I shrugged in response, not really knowing what to say. I felt awkward walking with him. I glanced down the hall, and was satisfied to find that no one was around to see us. 

"Hey, look... I'll tell everyone that you never said those things. Erika's just a bitch." I looked over at him in shock. He starred back at me, seriousness written all over his face. 

"You would?" I practically whispered. Smirking, he nodded his head.

"On one condition." Crap. I should've known it would come with a price. But if he tells everyone Erika was lying, who would believe her about the bet? Then I don't have to even think twice about giving her the money. 

"What is it?" 

"Go on a date with me." 

~0~0~

Jace and I parted our separate ways. I left without giving an answer, to shocked with his words. Now I'm sitting torturously beside Colin, thumping my fingers against my desk.