Chapter Sixteen

VERY IMPORTANT - I am changing Jake's name to Jace.

I hope there isn't to much confusion and I apologize for the change, but I hope Jace will be easy to catch onto.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen

I was glaring at my text book, imagining it bursting into flames. Without a doubt Colin will forget to bring his math text book. No text book equals no tutoring. I'll even throw it out the window if I have too.

I laughed at my own thoughts. But when I came out of my daydreaming, there the book was, sitting unburnt in front of me.

I Jumped up from my bed, book in hand. I would have never dared do this in the past--but today is different.

I'm going to get in so much trouble. This is stupid. But I don't care.

I can't believe my mom would do this to me. Doesn't she understand the torture she'll be putting upon me?

No, probably not.

I hadn't realized how hard I was gripping the book. My knuckles were sore, turning red from the pressure. I shut my eyes, sitting on my windows ledge. I propped my legs up, placing the book on my knees, casually opening the window with a free hand, enough to be able to slip the book through.

"What're you doing?"

I shrieked, startled by Colin's appearance. I threw my hand over my beating heart.

"Don't do that!" The smirk on his face made me want to smack it right off of him. I was hoping he'd be late. Instead, he comes early? Just my luck.

"Does it matter?" I say, placing the book next to me, crossing my arms. He made his way into my room, casually sitting on my bed like he owned the place. His eyes seemed to observe me, causing me to squirm uncomfortably.

Would he stop that, already? I wanted to scream those words at him, but I couldn't find the ability to speak. Okay. I can do this. It is only one month. If he just keeps his mouth shut and lets me tutor him, this will go by fast.

"I guess not," he says, mimicking my arms. I pull the textbook against my stomach, standing up from the windowsill. I sit on the other side of the bed, as far away from Colin as possible, and open up to a random page in the textbook. I felt the bed dip down as Colin moved closer to me. I froze. What is he doing?

His arm came out from behind me, and I slapped it away from me, jumping away from him. I spin around to find the textbook in his hands, confusion written in his eyes. He nods his head for me to come closer, pointing at a spot in the book.

"How do I do this question?" he says. I furrow my eyebrows, flushing in embarrassment. Why the hell had I reacted that way? I was so stupid.

His eyes showed that he had noticed the intention of my reaction, but I tried my hardest to ignore it, while explaining to him how to do the math question.

An hour later and five questions done, I can't seem to get Colin out of my bedroom. He's starring at me like a creep. He looks so serious, it's starting to freak me out a little.

"I'm tired," I say. He nods his head at me like it's no big deal. "So--um, can you leave?"

"I'm pretty comfortable here," he says. I narrow my eyes at him. What does it take to get this guy to leave?

Although Colin and I haven't been friends since we were kids, I knew the look he was giving me.

"Say whatever you've gotta say, then can you leave?" I really don't like this kid. Truthfully, I don't care about whatever he wants to say to me. I just want him out.