Chapter 2: Pallet town

"You could, like, go to the beach."

"Yeah."

Misty sighed. She and her sisters were visiting their parents' house for the weekend, and the four of them were now in Daisy's old bedroom, as the eldest packed some things that she's still had. She was getting married soon and she's been moving things to her new house slowly.

"I'd rather not..."

"Oh, look what I've found!" Daisy held up an empty and old bottle of nail polish. "I loved this color in high school!"

"I used to steal it."

Daisy gasped. "You did not!"

"Giiirls!" Misty whined and hugged the pillow. "I'm in a crisis."

"You could ask dad to take you with him to Johto or something." Lily suggested.

"I have one month, not one year."

"Just, like, paint something else then."

Misty groaned and lay down on the bed on her abdomen.

"You think way too much."

"Yeah! Like, people will just paint whatever."

"And nobody fails their graduation."

"So true."

"And, like, if the judges are men-"

"Violet!" Misty gasped.

"Your boobs, are, like-"

Lily suddenly gasped. "Passion! Boobs! Draw a naked couple."

Misty glared at her.

"Lily! That would, like, make her fail, totally." At least Daisy used her head. "Misty, stay decent."

"I know."

"There is so much to paint about, and passions, are, like, totally everywhere!"

"You can paint Daisy eating ice cream straight from the freezer."

The three girls giggled. Daisy snapped, "I'm, like, pregnant! Remember?"

"We knooooow. You're, like, showing too quickly."

"Really? Like, oh my God!"

"It looks like food baby, though."

"What? Are you, like, serious?"

Misty felt like her sisters only made the situation worse. "I want nature."

"Pallet town!"

"Huh?"

Violet blinked. She sat cross-legged on a chair. "Bret went camping with his brother in Pallet town. He said it was really beautiful out there and they've taken a lot of nice pictures." Bret was her boyfriend of two years.

"Is that in Johto?"

"It's north Viridian forest." Violet took out her phone to check the pictures again. "Bret said it's not on most maps. It's a very small village and nobody goes there."

"But it's beautiful."

"He said so."

"It's not that far from here. How come we've never heard about it?"

"I don't know. It's, like, too small or something. Nobody cares about it."

"Going to a place I've never been before seems a little risky..." Misty sat up again. She smiled. "But I like the idea, to be honest."

"Sooooooo Misty."

"Yep, very Misty."

Misty beamed. "Going to a small town to paint—it's going to give me credit! It's an adventure. My teacher would like that."

"You can always ask Bret."

"I don't need to. I'm going."

"It's not on the map, Misty."

Misty grinned. "That's even better!"