Chapter 5: Love interest

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY ABBY ;o; 

-

How was today, Misty?

"Not bad, trouble happened, but I met someone and they helped me."

Misty was making her coffee latte in the kitchenette as she talked to her sister Daisy on the phone. She was staying in a little apartment not too far from the extremities of the city, and that left her only with a small bicycle ride to Pallet.

Misty smiled as she thought about Ash.

How so?

"Some children stole my supplies and a guy got it back for me."

A guy? Hummmm? Tell me about men in there! Are they like, hot?

Misty sighed. She was smiling as she held her latte in hand and walked over to her living room. "What do you think?"

Bret said they were fine.

"I don't know. The guy I met today was," Misty took a sip and sighed. "Gorgeous."

Aye aye aye!

"He's sooo tanned and cute! His face is literally perfect. His name is Ash. He was wearing a farmer hat and it looked so cute on him!" He smelled slightly like wine too. It was a special smell. It was a country smell which is way different than the aftershaves and the fragrances emitting from men in the city.

Good for you!

"Good for me? I didn't come to Pallet to get a husband. I have one month to paint something."

If he's a native, he could help you.

"He is a native. He had a really deep accent." Misty bit her lip. "It was frigging cute-I mean the accent. He's a typical town guy."

I didn't know you liked farmers better.

"Who said that? I only think he's cute - he kept staring at me! I don't think he's ever seen a redhead with bright eyes before!" Misty laughed.

I doubt that too! That town isn't even on old maps.

"Aw, he's probably never been out of it before." Misty sighed and pulled her knees up. "So cute and so pure."

Do you like him?

"I think he can help me with my painting."

Are you sure it's only the painting?

"I could use some handsome company too."

When are you finally going to, like, get a boyfriend?

"Not now. I'm busy trying to graduate, if you haven't noticed."

But town guys shouldn't be too hard to seduce.

"Daisy..." Misty rolled her eyes and grabbed her sketching book. "He needs a lot of work! He needs to go on a diet, first."

Don't all town guys need to?

"Uhm..." Misty narrowed her eyes again. It's almost like it was the average look of people in Pallet. Now that she thought of it, she noticed everyone looked pretty plump, both women and men.

"Yeah, you're right."

You must be the only human going around town skinny like that!

"Oh, tell me about it."

Tracey is yelling downstairs and my baby is making me hungry. I'll call tomorrow to check on the progress of the farmer boy operation.

"And how about my painting?"

Men come first. Bye bye!

"Oh, bye Daisy."

Misty sighed and placed the phone on the table. She placed her feet on the table as well and put the sketchbook on her thighs.

Was Ash interested?

She was probably nothing like the girls he's use to seeing around his village. Weren't country people more like into 'curves'? Aside from her big chest, Misty was... well, a stick. Being a size thirty four and a D-cup was really awkward. Puberty is so weird at times. She's always told she's lucky, but she can't see any luck. Most guys who approached her back in high school or currently in college only wanted to sleep with her (some didn't want to take risks and they 'only' wanted to make out).

Oh, well, she could worry about her non-proportional body later. She needed to graduate.