Chapter 10: Luck Pinch

"Thank you so much, Leaf! You're the best!"

"It's really nothing, Misty."

Misty looked around the bedroom once again and sat down on the bed. "It's so nice of you to let me stay, really."

"Dad won't be back until next month so it's just us girls and it's going to be fun, I suppose."

Leaf joined her side. In all honestly, she liked the girl. She's been hearing some rumors about a certain redhead girl going around town, and she didn't like what she heard at first, but after meeting Misty she really grew to like her. Even Mrs. Green liked Misty and she was fine with letting the redhead stay with them instead of having to rent in Viridian.

"Thanks, again."

"You're welcome. I get lonely anyway." She and Leaf were going to share the bedroom. "Did you bring the pizza?"

"Ten or so. I gave them to your mom downstairs." Misty giggled. Leaf, Ash and Gary bugged her about getting them pizza before she leaves Viridian for good. They said they have never had it before because they couldn't order pizza anywhere in Pallet. She felt sorry for them, honestly.

"Okay, perfect." Leaf kicked off her flip-flops and got on the bed. "Sorry if I scared you off like that the first time we met. I usually don't like strangers."

"It's alright."

Leaf grabbed the pillow and lay down. She poked Misty's thigh with her foot.

"What?"

"Say it."

"Say what?"

"Well, maybe, just maybe, you think Ash is handsome and you like him?"

"He is handsome, but that doesn't mean I like him." Misty got on the bed too. She lay down as well.

"Then why are you blushing right now?"

"Hey!" Misty blushed even more.

"I'm not sure about his family's reaction..."

"Hum?

Leaf narrowed his eyes. "His mom is the worst. His dad is fine but his mom is the biggest nag alive in Pallet town."

"Oh."

"Yeah, and she's annoying-if you ask me. I don't know. Gary is an only child too but his mom is not like Ash's. Delia is really overprotective."

"What does she have to do with-"

"You don't want to know." Leaf turned to rest on her abdomen. "She wanted him to marry a girl, their neighbor. Her name is Mina."

Misty bit her lip. "Are they engaged?"

Leaf chuckled. "In her dreams, maybe. Ash is really stubborn, and he keeps telling everyone that Mina is like his sister. It's worst than the friendzone."

"Do you know this girl?"

"Yes, and I hate her. I hate all women in Pallet town. Don't ask me why."

Misty smiled. "Okay."

"I think it'd be great if you could snatch him away from Mina. That'd make me very happy."

"What are you talking about?"

Leaf sighed and grinned. "I'd laugh at Mina forever."

"Stop it! I'm not even sure I like him."

"You had to see yourself that day at the cliff. Your eyes and his were literally sparkling at the sight of each other. Ash is sooo into you, Misty."

Misty cleared her throat. "... do you think so?"

"Ash is so obvious, and plus, I've known him since we were six. Even Gary noticed. He said Ash never touched a woman before, let along hug her tight and jump together into the water."

Misty gulped. She didn't really want to tell her that they almost kissed. "He did it because he knows I don't mind. I'm not a country girl, after all."

"I meant that Ash never hangs out with women around here, Misty. He's never taken any woman with him to the cliff either." She and Gary gossiped a lot about Ash, that's sure.

Misty bit her lip and turned to lie down on her side.

"Well, of course, if you don't have a boyfriend in the city already."

"I don't."

Leaf smiled and looked up at the ceiling. "Ash is very nice and polite. It's not shocking that even if he keeps pushing Mina away, she still tries to get him."

"Does she still want him?"

"Of course. What did you think?"

Misty made a face. "Isn't that a little low? She has dignity, right?"

"People are rooting for her. You know, she's the victim, and Ash is the bad guy."

"That doesn't mean she shouldn't have dignity."

"It doesn't matter. Ash likes you and that's what matters."

Misty rolled her eyes and turned to lie down on her abdomen, stuffing her face into a pillow and saying with a muffled voice, "Don't say that!"

Leaf giggled and shifted so she lay down by the redhead's side.

"Say it."

"Shhhh!"

"Come on!"

"Fine! I like Ash. Happy?"

Leaf nodded to herself. She quickly approached Misty and put her hand on her thigh. "You know, when I was young, the elders used to tell me that whenever I go to a wedding, I should go sit beside the bride."

Misty raised her eyebrows. "What for?"

Leaf quickly pinched Misty's side. She squealed loudly. "Aie!"

"For this."

Misty gasped again and grabbed the pillow, hitting Leaf with it. The brunette laughed.

"Hey!"

"Well, I think my Luck Pinch doesn't count because I'm not married yet."

Misty and Leaf exchanged a look. They started laughing and hitting each other with pillows.

All of this wasn't in Misty's plan, which consisted previously of getting her painting done and going back to Cerulean, but what's the worst that could happen if the addition to her plan was having a crush on a cute Palletian tanned guy?

Nothing?