Chapter 3: Enter Ash

"It's here?"

"Yeah."

Bret stopped and turned off his bike. He and Misty took off their helmets.

"We're on a hill, so we can see everything from here, almost."

"Oh my God..." Even the village looked really beautiful. The roads didn't look paved but that's added beauty to the scenery. Everything was so green and there were a lot of plains.

Misty has gotten off the bike and stood on the hill. "Beautiful."

"Yeah, it really is."

"So, did you really come for painting that school stuff or you're planning on snagging some rich sexy vineyards farmer?"

"Bret!" Misty snapped. The older guy laughed. "What are you talking about?"

"Hey, it's not a bad idea. Pallet farmers are rich bastards. At least I'll get my weed and wine for free."

"What?"

"I'm just messing around." He didn't really look like he was. "Say, will you be staying in Viridian?"

"I want to stay here."

"Where? It's a small village. You can't camp all by yourself. Just draw something and let's go home."

Misty rolled her eyes. "It doesn't work that way! I need to stay here and go out and paint every day."

Bret narrowed his eyes. "This college stuff is too difficult."

It was expected from Violet's boyfriend... "You bet it is."

"So, aren't you going to head back with me to Cerulean today or what?"

"I will," she told him and turned to look at the scenery in front of her. "To go fetch my supplies, get my bicycle, find a place in Viridian city and move in as soon as possible."

"Ash! How many times I've told you not to sleep in the living room?"

"Huuuuuuunggh..."

Ash rolled over and turned to face the back of the couch. He was shirtless and he only had his boxers on, so he slowly pulled up the covers to hide his not-very-decent looking body. Last night was a rough one, and his head was really heavy from the alcohol.

"It's already noon and you're still snoring! Get up a little and be productive!"

"Hey, what's the shouting?"

"Your son won't get up and it's already noon! His butt is stuck on that couch all day long! He's twenty-five, for God's sake! When we were his age, he was five!"

"Delia..."

"And your mom won't get out of my kitchen! It's my kitchen, not hers! When I married you, your mom's name wasn't on the contract!"

Ash finally shifted so he lay down on his back. His view wasn't really clear but he could see his dad standing beside the door.

"What the hell?" He managed to stutter.

"Ignore it," His dad said and got out of the house. "Follow me later."

Ash pulled himself up very slowly. His head hurt and he was feeling like eating a horse. He grabbed his shorts from the ground and put them on before his mom comes back again and sees him naked. When he was putting on his shirt, his mom was back again.