Chapter 6: It's starting

It was a rather hot day so Misty has put on her mini short, a tight tank top and flip-flops. She had her vans in her purse just in case she needed them.

The redhead was looking for any scenery she could paint. Pallet town was very beautiful and it was hard to choose from all those green and fresh farm lands.

Misty stood on a plain. Not too far, she could spot a gorgeous green land, and there were workers working on the land. She smiled. She liked that. Passion of working.

Misty got off the plain. As she took her drawing supplies, someone from behind said,

"Hi, again."

She turned around and smiled at the sight of Ash. "Hi! It's weird. How did you find me?"

"It's not weird. Your hair color is unmistakable." Ash chuckled.

"Oh." Misty brushed her hair behind her ear. "I don't doubt that."

"It's not a bad thing. I think your—well, it's... good?" Ash looked like he's panicked for a second. "So, uhm, what are you doing here exactly?"

"Curious much?" His clothes looked better than the ones he's worn before. He had a colorful tee shirt, khaki shorts and toms on. The straw hat was the best thing, though.

"Yeah." He had a very boyish attitude. He didn't stand exactly still and he was moving his hand every time.

"I came to paint. It's a project for my graduation."

"Uh, oh, yeah... nice." Ash nodded his head. Misty smiled at his reaction. He probably didn't know what she was taking about.

He turned to stare in front of him. "Oh, you're drawing this?"

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yeah. Do you smoke it?"

"Smoke what?"

"The weed."

Misty's eyes shot wide. She got off the ground and gasped. "Those yards are... you mean that's weed?"

"Uhm, yeah. Have you never seen it before?"

Misty narrowed her eyes. "No! Why would I?" She turned toward him. "It's illegal! How come..."

"Yes, it is, but does anyone care, honestly?" He lifted his arms and smiled. "Everyone plants and smokes marijuana in here."

Misty took a deep breath. "My head hurts."

"You know what? Marijuana of Pallet town is the best one in Kanto. It's real stuff. It's expensive and everyone comes here to get it. Even the Prime Ministers-"

"Ash!"

"What?"

"Weed is illegal!"

Ash chuckled. "I know, Misty, but no one in Pallet cares. Even the mayor has his own weed yard."

"God..."

"Well, dad doesn't, but grandpa used to plant it." Ash put his hands inside his pocket. "It grows very quickly and it's gainful. It's not like vineyards. Those are expensive to grow and they take a lot of time and effort."

"Oh really?" Misty was a little sarcastic.

"Do you want to go see?"

"No!"

"How about a puff?"

Misty gasped. "Ash! I don't do drugs!"

"It's not a drug, it's, well, marijuana."