CHAPTER EIGHT: READ THE LETTER

My period one class is English. I sit in the back corner with Naomi and Logan. Ethan sits in the front row on the seat closest to the door. If I had to pick a twin that I would trust the most, not saying that I trust them, it would be Ethan. I am going to show him the letter that Wesley wrote me.

Mr. Gustin usually leaves the classroom door open for anyone who wants to chill in the class before the bell goes off. I am waiting for Ethan to go into the classroom. I watch as he walks down the hallway.

"Ethan," I whisper. He looks up from his phone and looks at me. I walk into the classroom hoping he will follow me.

The classroom is empty right now but people will start to come in so I have to do this quickly. Ethan walks into the classroom and looks at me.

"What's up?" Ethan asks me as he slips his phone into his pocket.

"I have to show you something," I say back. I take my backpack off and place it on the desk beside me. I unzip my bag and take out the letter that Wesley left me. "I want you to read this."

Ethan takes the letter from me and starts to read it. He walks to his desk which is right behind him and takes a sit. I take my backpack and walk up to him so I am in front of his desk. He looks confused.

"Wesley did not write this," he says to me scanning the back of the letter.

"He signed it at the bottom," I said.

"Why would he have to put his last name?"

"Maybe he wanted to make sure I knew it was him."

"Well it isn't. He wouldn't have sent you here without your memories. I am pretty sure he would never do that."

"How are you so sure?"

"Wes is the one that sent Grayson and I-"

Ethan stopped talking as people started to walk into the classroom including Logan and Naomi. They both give me weird looks. They are probably wondering why I am talking to Ethan.

Ethan is hiding something from me. "What were you saying Ethan?"

"Forget about it. I shouldn't have said that."

"Why are you keeping it a secret. You have to trust me Ethan. I trust you, like you told me to."

"If you trust me why is your heart beating so fast?" I notice that my heart is racing a little bit. Of course he is listening to my heart beat.

"Stop doing that."

*RING RING*

Ethan hands me back the letter and I slip it into my backpack. I make sure Naomi and Logan do not see me doing this because if they do they will question it. I start to walk away but Ethan touches my arm. I turn around and look at him.

"Are you going to the Halloween Dance?" Ethan asks.

"Finally, something for you to figure out yourself for once," I say to Ethan with a slight smirk.

"Ms. King, please take your seat," Mr. Gustin demands.

"Sorry sir." I walk over to my seat and sit behind Logan and beside Naomi. My seat is the back corner seat. I take my binder out of my backpack and place it on my desk.

"Why were you talking to Ethan?" Naomi whispers to me.

"He just asked if I was going to the Halloween Dance," I say back. I mean, I am not lying.

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him that he will need to figure it out himself."

"Playing hard to get, I like it."

Class goes on. I thought showing Ethan the letter would help me, but it didn't. I just got more questions now that need to be answered. If Wes didn't write this letter, then who did? What was Ethan going to say? Of course my plans do not work out for me.