CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: FOCUS

Grayson finally makes it to my town house. He drives up and walks out of his jeep. He stands there and waits for me. I have already changed into my black joggers and my black combat boots. I am also wearing a white, loose shirt with two black stripes on both sleeves. I leave my house shoving the keys into my pocket and grabbing my duffle bag filled with clothes and an extra pair of shoes. I also have other essentials in there. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long adventure.

Grayson looks at me as I run to his car. I run around and throw my bag onto the back seats. I take a sit in the front passenger seat. I put on my seatbelt and wait. Grayson puts on his seatbelt and starts the engine. He is just sitting there, not moving the car. I look over at him. He is just staring at his hands on the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Where are we even going?" He asks slowly. He makes a point. The dream that we both had starts to fill my head.

"Ethan's voice in our dream said something about being with Wesley," I say in an ensuring voice. "Maybe he is back home. Should we try to go there? If that was his voice in our dream, then he wouldn't have told us false information."

"That makes sense," he says. He takes a deep breath. "It is going to take as a while to get there though. It took Ethan and I a while to find you, so get ready for a long trip."

"I am ready for anything.... but you don't look like you're ready," I say looking at him up and down.

"What are you talk about?"

"You're wearing a tank top and shorts. Not to mention your flip flops. What if we need to fight, or run?"

"Jo please, I have extra clothes and shoes in the back. I am ready for anything. Let's just get going."

He starts the car and we drive off. I trust that Grayson knows where he is going.

It doesn't snow where we are since the leaves are still orange and yellow. I can't remember if it snows back home.

The radio is playing and I can't remember any of the songs. Some seem like they should be familiar to me, but I can't remember any lyric. I shut my eyes and try to remember.

"Is there something wrong?" Grayson asks me.

"Just trying to remember the lyrics," I say back.

This is hurting me in a strange way. I thought the memories were coming back to me, but some things still seem like a blur. I can't even remember the feeling of snow, or if I ever experienced snow. I don't remember any songs playing on the radio nor any artists.

"Don't stress yourself Johanna. It will take time to remember things, okay. There is nothing wrong with that," Grayson says.

I remember Grayson being an amazing friend. Ethan was the one would stay calm in situations but it was Grayson that would tell us to stand our ground. That, I can remember.

I miss my memories with them, because I know the memories are real. I wish I could remember all the times I was with them.

I can't focus on that right now. In this moment, I must focus on finding Ethan.