CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: THE BEGINNING

An alpha. I am not mad about it, but how?

"How can an alpha not know that that they are an alpha," Dr. Singe says clearly picking on me. "Poor lost child."

"Leave her alone," Grayson says budging in.

"Oh look, your beta is protecting his leader," Dr. Singe says in a mocking tone.

"What do you want from us?" I ask him with my eyes still shining.

"I need you to go back into your room," he says looking down at me.

"Yeah um there is a problem with that. I actually feel a lot better so I think I will go now," I say to him holding my hands together.

"No you're not. You are under the age of 18. You must get your parents or legal guardian to sign you out," he says to me with a dirty smirk.

"What if we don't have a legal guardian," Grayson asks with a bit of sass.

"Well then we will have to contact whoever we can find through your files. I am pretty sure you two have-"

"Dr. Singe, I have been looking for you," A nurse says entering the room and cutting Dr. Singe off. "A lady came and demanded those two students leave right away. She just signed them both out."

I look over at Grayson with confusion. We are probably sharing the same thought; who signed us out?

"Oh why thank you kind nurse. It was really nice meeting you Dr. Singe. You were really kind to us," Grayson says with a hint of sarcasm. I watch him roll his eyes.

Grayson gets up and we both head to the door. We enter the hallway together. I walk into to my room and grab my backpack. 

Grayson and I are already in our clothing since no one changed us out of it. I guess Dr. Singe knew that we are werewolfs so he decided to treat us differently. 

Gray and I start to walk to the elevator at the end of the hallway. We enter it and I press the main lobby flor button on the button pad. The nurse enters the elevator with us.

She turns around and faces us. "Be careful," she says with a frighten look on her face. "The lady that signed you out seemed like she wanted you to leave as soon as possible."

"Sorry?" I ask slowly.

She slowly starts to shine her eyes turning her blue eyes a brighter blue. Blue eyed werewolves have killed someone innocent in the past; she killed someone before.

"Do you know of anyone that could've signed you two out?" She asks us.

"Yes," Grayson says looking at me. He hints at me to go along with this lie.

"Just be safe. I had a strange feeling about her. Are you sure you don't want to stay for your own safety?" the nurse asks.

"It is okay. It is best if we leave," Grayson says with the biggest yet fakest smile on his face.

"Be careful," she says slowly as she turns back around.

The elevator doors open and we step out. We walk in silence walking towards the door the leads to the front of building. We get out and start to walk home. Luckily for us, this hospital is about two blocks away from our school and I leave pretty close to school. I assume that Grayson lives close to school too.

"What is the plan," he asks me as if nothing happened.

"Hold on one second." I say slowing down my pace. "Who could've signed us out? Did you even hear what that nurse said? How am I an alpha. Where are-"

"I will tell you everything once we leave, but what are we doing right now?" Grayson says cutting me off.

"I am going to go home and I will quickly pack clothing and other essentials. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long trip. I know you have a car so pick me up at my town house once you pack things." I say to him in an ensuring voice.

"Where do you live?"

"I know you know where I live. Stop pretending."

I know he is lying because... well I can just tell. We walk our separate ways.

This is the beginning of our journey. The journey to find Ethan. To save him.