08

Draco was just about to grab his coat and go outside for a bit when Hermione chucked it and his scarf at him

"What the hell-"
"We're going for a walk."
Draco looked up at Hermione who was wearing far too much to be able to move. Is it that cold outside?
"What makes you think that I want to walk with you?" Draco said this as he tugged on his coat.
"Bonding." She said it with such force that Draco almost felt a little scared.
"I suppose it won't hurt."
"Good answer."
The duo walked down the main hallway, earning a couple of stares and whispers.
"Is that Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy?"
"Did I miss something?"
"Oh my gosh I ship it."
Draco sent evil looks at every one of these remarks until they were outside away from the gossiping students. The cold air stung his face and he squinted at the sky.
"It's still snowing! I didn't bring the right shoes for this!" Draco whined.
Hermione ignored him, though she secretly found it funny. As she kept walking, he was forced to follow.
"How exactly is this bonding?" Draco carefully walked from one stepping stone to the next.
"We should be talking about things, like.... Our hobbies, stuff like that." I Hermione stifled back her annoyance about how conceited he was acting.
"I don't have any hobbies." Draco sneered.
Just then, Hermione came up with a wondrous idea.
"Really? I could have sworn I heard that you loved the snow."
Draco froze, wondering if she heard his conversation with Pansy. He didn't even see it coming when Hermione pushed him off the path and into the deep snow.
He screamed at her for getting his new shoes all wet but she couldn't hear anything over her laughing. Draco scrambled up and brushed himself off, only to slip on a patch of ice and fall again. By now, Hermione's laughter was causing other students to look their way.
"Granger, you sneaky piece of shit! Only a Gryffindor would attack a man when he isn't looking."
"Look who's talking!"
Draco smirked and as she wasn't looking, yanked her down next to him.
"Hypocrite." Hermione shook the snow out of her hair and it was Draco's turn to laugh. He stood up and reached down to help Hermione up.
"See how much of a gentleman I am? I didn't deserve that slap."
"As if!"
Hermione turned around to pick up one of her gloves that fell off when she was hit in the back of the head with a snowball. She gasped in disbelief, "Malfoy! Was that you?!"
He backed away and shrugged. Hermione looked past his shoulder and saw.....
"RONALD WEASLEY, DID YOU THROW THAT SNOWBALL?"
Ron laughed and scrambled away quickly, but not before Hermione's own snowball hit him straight in the face. Soon a full blown snowball fight erupted between the students who were already outside and the poor children who wandered outside at the wrong moment.
Hermione was hiding behind a tree for cover when she saw Malfoy sulking off back into the building. He had managed to avoid the whole fight and wasn't planning on joining it anytime soon.
Hermione prepared to throw the biggest snowball she could make at him, but he was hit before she could throw. He stumbled and whipped his head around, only to get another one in the face. Ginny Weasley was laughing her ass off.
"Oi! Malfoy! Running from the fun, are you? Don't be a scaredy cat!" Harry shouted across the lawn, arms full of ammunition.
Draco was stunned. They wanted me to join them? That's surprising. Would that be too out of character for me?
"Come on Malfoy! Remember, we're bonding!" Hermione urged him, wanting him to not feel left out. She saw the look on his face and realized that he chose to not be part of the fun, so be it. She turned away to laugh with Ginny.
He contemplated it; it would ruin his shoes, but... Would it make him seem more human and less Death Eater?
Ah, screw it! He picked up a stray snowball and threw it at Hermione.
For the first time in a long time, Draco was happy.

                                                                      Meanwhile, Head Tower

Someone giggled.
"I bet you ten Sickles that Malfoy will kiss her first."
"Deal!"
"They're so cute! Oh- she pushed him!"
"Guys, shhh- I'm trying to hear them."
"Oh, I know what spell to use to amplify their voices!"
"When do you think they'll get together?"
"Let's stay up tonight for when they come back!"
The entire group of Prefects were watching Draco and Hermione shove each other around in the snow. When will they realize that they're perfect for each other?