20

"Hermione

"Hermione."
"Mmmmm," She rolled over "Five more minutes."
"I don't think so." Draco put a gentle hand on her shoulder, prompting her to wake up. "We're needed at a meeting."
With a heavy sigh, Hermione heaved herself up. She yawned and blinked the blur out of her sight. She was in her bed, still dressed in her outfit from the day before, and Crookshanks was hissing at the boy standing next to where she laid.
"I thought the meeting was tomorrow." She subtly drew the covers around herself, even though she was fully clothed.
"It just so happens that today is 'tomorrow'. Did the cold toggle your thoughts?"He leaned on the bed post, glaring at her cat which looked ready to pounce on him.
Hermione recalled what had happened the night before. The freezing air and the warm body hugging her; the stars and the galaxy in his eyes.
"Get out of my room! I need to get dressed!" She hid her glee and playfully shoved him away.
"That's the exact reason I shouldn't get out." He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at her.
"Draco!"
He put his hands up and back out of the room, winking as he shut the door. Hermione stared at her door, smiling stupidly. Am I in love? She asked herself for the second time this week, but this time, she felt something different.

"Do you ever write anything on that clipboard?" Draco had his hands in his pockets and was looking quizzically at Hermione as she pulled her hair into a ponytail with a clipboard tucked between her knees.
"Of course! What else would I use it for?"
"To look like an even bigger nerd than you already do?"
"Shut up." She grabbed her book-bag and joined him next to the door. "Aren't you bringing anything? They may want us to take notes."
"Why would I need to when I have you?" He had mischief in his eyes.
"Ex-cuse me?! I am not your personal journal! What, so you want to join the group of people who ask me to do their work for them?! You think that just because I work hard means that you can steal my success? Just because you won't take your own bloody notes does not mean that I will share mine." Hermione felt like there were flames coming out of her ears.
Draco stepped forward so that they were nose to nose. "I think you're wrong."
"Why would you think that?"
He whipped his own clipboard out from behind him. He cackled at her surprised expression.
"You- you- ARSE!" She punched his chest, anger dissipating quickly.
"You're adorable when you're riled up."
"Oh, I'm sure." She shot back sarcastically and walked backwards so her back was against the door. She looked at him over her lashes, swaying her hips with every step. Just like she expected, he followed her, eyes glazed over in desire. He dropped his clipboard and put his hands on either side of face. Hermione swallowed, knowing what was coming.
Just before their lips met, she yanked open the door and stepped away, causing Draco to fall flat on his face into the hallway. Laughing wildly, she hopped over him and took off running towards the staircase.
"Granger, you sneaky bitch!" She heard him stumbling to his feet and chasing after her. She purposely let him catch up and was still giggly hysterically as he wrapped his arms around her. He pressed his mouth to her ear. "You owe me a kiss."
"Maybe later. There's people watching."
He quickly unfolded himself and straightened his tie. They made their way to the meeting room, still early despite the delays. There were only three professors and McGonagall in the room already, and they were all caught up in a conversation so they didn't notice them walk in.
Draco pulled a chair out and dramatically gestured to it. "For you, m'lady." Hermione rolled her eyes but sat down.
A few minutes later, when all the people of authority were in their seats, the Headmistress cleared her throat.
"So far, the year has been spectacular. We should all be proud of our accomplishments. However, due to the circumstances of last year, many students have been left without families, making the current student population during holiday break far larger than previous years.
"Though the school has no problem keeping the students, it becomes quite tasking to keep them all out of trouble; which is the exact reason we are gathered today. We need a way to occupy the children for 10 days before Christmas Day, and after that until New Years. Any ideas?"
A quiet murmur echoed through the room, words flying.
"Perhaps a school trip?" Professor Sprout's idea was waved off; too chaotic.
"Restart classes?" The room erupted into disagreement after that suggestion.
Hermione tapped her quill, trying to think of something. "A dance."
"What was that, Ms. Granger?"
"Perhaps a school-wide ball. We could have it on the Eve; that way, students can busy themselves preparing for it and we can all organize it."
"I agree," Draco spoke for the first time during the meeting. "We will have time to plan it and it won't be too short notice for the students."
"That is a remarkable plan! Well done!" McGonagall clapped her hands together, relieved at the breakthrough. "I will assign everyone a task to set up the ball and start gathering decorations right away."
Once an agreement was made as to the color theme, entertainment, and setting, everyone was dismissed. The Headmistress stopped Draco and Hermione on their way out.
"I see that the two of you have come to terms with your partnership. I must say, you make a great team when not shouting at each other."
"Thank you for giving us the chance. I hope our plan works out." Draco spoke for the two of them.
As they walked out, Hermione was positive that she saw Hagrid and McGonagall exchange a fistbump. She shook her head, sure that she was just mistaken.
"Great team, huh?" Draco put his arm around her after he checked that the hall was empty.
"She was probably exaggerating." She leaned into him.
"True; she must have meant that I had such marvelous ideas and just didn't want you to feel bad."
"Yeah, right! Who's the 'brightest witch of her age'? Who aced her N.E.W.Ts every year?" She boasted.
He grinned at her. The two walked down the halls, arm in arm, their laughter filling the air.