Chapter 9

Ed Sheeran was my company tonight as I lay on my bed doing homework. I hummed along to his voice singing and upbeat tune of 'Gold Rush', rhythmically tapping my pencil along to the beat when Erin waltzed into my bedroom holding a shopping bag and announcing herself the only way Erin could. By yelling very loudly that she had arrived. I let out a little chuckle and studied her from head to toe. 

She wore a pair of open toed boots and a pair of black pants that looked a lot like leather, and showed off her toned leg; a see through black lace top under which she wore a covetable bra with bedazzled pink skulls, I thought the look was a little risque even for her. Her hair was in messy waves and her eyes dark rimmed deepening it's vivid green colour. 

"You look hot," I commented knowing exactly where she was headed tonight.

By Wednesday she had realized that I wasn't going to be changing my mind about going and had given up asking; but the entire school was buzzing about this party. I swear today all I heard every time I turned a corner or entered a room was "Scooter's Party".

"Thanks," she grinned holding her arms out and slowly spinning "We're going to Scooter's party."

"Yeah, well I hope you have fun- I'm sorry did you just say we?"

She nodded excitedly "Uh-huh"

"I'm not going, remember" I reminded her.

"Yeah well that's a minor detail. I figured that the only way I would get you to go, was if I made you. So here I am."

"I'm not going. Erin you know that parties aren't my thing. Besides I have homework to do." 

She moved towards me and me and knelt at the foot of my bed taking me cheeks between her hands "My very beautiful, ninety year old stuck in a teenagers body of a best friend, I'm carrying you to a party, not into the woods to murder you, I promise to have you back by twelve."

I sighed.

"Jack will be there," she sang and I scoffed prying my face from her grip and reaching for the bag next to her, before sitting upright. 

"And I would care about this why?" I made a show of opening the bag and peeking into it. 

"Well maybe," she started rising and sitting on my bed pushing her mane over her shoulders "I figure, if you show up looking hot he may want to drag you off in some dark corner and have his wicked way with you."

She wiggled her eyebrows and laughed heartily. Hopping off the bed I went to stand in front of my full length mirror that sat in the corner of the room and held the material up to my chest not answering her. She leafed through my notebook before adding

"I don't get why you hate Jack so much, especially since he's like Ariana Grande and, so into you," she sang the last part badly and very off key.

"He's not into me," I countered with no real conviction "And I don't hate him. Hating him would mean that I care and I actually don't."

"I'd say you care, a lot."

"He's just really annoying that's all."

"You know you can't lie to me even when you wish you could, like now for instance. It's like the Fourth of July whenever the two of you are together. I can obviously tell that you like him," I glanced at her, ready to dispute that but she continued on "Why not just admit it? Have you ever wondered why he gets to you so quickly?"

"You know I already have a therapist," she said sweetly. 

"Yeah well my advice you get for free, even why you don't want it. Now go get dressed," she finished pointing towards the bathroom door.