Chapter 3

Clary paced back and forth in front of Jace and Simon.

"You should sit Clary, you're making my head hurt." Simon said.
"Where is Izzy?" Clary said frustrated. "In the kitchen."
"Is she cooking?" Jace said raising his eyebrows.

Simon got up ready to calm Clary when all of a sudden they heard a high pitched scream. The door to where the Silent Brothers were, opened with a loud bang. Luna ran out stumbling as she went. Isabelle was coming down the hall with a tray of brownies asking what was going on when Luna collided into her. The brownies all fell and Izzy looked frustrated as she looked at the now empty tray of brownies.

The girl looked at all of them wide eye. She got up scattering again. Clary reached out for her but Luna slipped past her screaming. The Silent Brothers went forward and she screamed again running. Jace clearly tired of all the commotion got up grabbing the girl lifting her up as she kicked.

"Are you biting me!" Jace yelled. "Stop that!" Jace said quickly throwing her over his shoulder.

We must get rid of the girl. Brother Enoch said.

"Well, we need to see if she has any other family." Clary interjected.

Oh, she does indeed. The problem is the clave will not want her breathing. We must take her.

Brother Enoch glided forward to Jace who was holding the girl still over his shoulder rocking back and forth to keep the girl from biting him. Luna screamed as she saw the Silent Brothers come closer. She whispered into Jace's ear making him smile slightly. Jace was about to hand over the girl when she clung onto him not letting go. The girl whimpered and cried as brother Enoch tried to get a hold of her.

Stop, this is injustice to a innocent girl. Brother Gabriel finally said.

"I'm sorry but, what in the angel is going on!" Clary said.

The girl is half faerie and half shadowhunter. Answered brother Enoch.

"And?" Izzy said suddenly angry.
"She's not a mundane so either way, she'll stay in the shadow world." Simon said.
"But who's ..." Clary began.

She is a Morgenstern. Her father is dead and her mother is the Seelie Queen.