Chapter 33

Jace winced as he got up. The stele rolled off him and he reached for it drawing more iratzes on himself. He heard yelling and went forward to it wincing as he walked.

Alec ran forward towards Jace and he yelled horrible things to Jace in a demonic language so Luna wouldn't understand. Demon studies do pay off after all.

"The exit Jace! NOW!"
"There all sealed!" Jace yelled limping.

The hunters were getting closer and Luna hissed at the hedge and vines making them shake. She started yelling at them and they parted spitting Jace and Alec out. Luna on the ground shouted and they closed.

She breathed heavily and backed away from the exit and got up running. Alec yelled at her. He gave Jace one look and sprinted after Luna. He caught up having no other alternative then to tackle her down. She cried out as her back made contact with the ground. Tears spilled down her face and Alec drew a healing rune on her.

"Can you walk, Luna?"
"Of course I can!" She snapped.

Alec walked back to help Jace. He half carried Jace and Luna walked beside them quietly.

"Can you get the door Luna?" Alec gasped.

She nodded and opened the door to the institute. Instantly Luna was grabbed. She yelled struggling and Alec felt Jace tense. The Silent Brothers held Luna down as they drew a quietude rune.

Luna slumped and Clary stood there hugging herself her parabati consoling her.

In orders of the clave the girl should be taken to the silent city. We the silent brothers shall care for the girl till we decide it to be safe.

"You cant take her!" Alec yelled.

The brothers did not answer and simply stalked out of the institute. The residents of the institute stayed in silence. Jace yelled angrily.

"I let her down. The hunt could have taken her. I let Mark down and each time I see both there eyes it will remind me of my failure." Jace said bitterly.