Chapter 6

A few days later.

Clary sat with Jace and her mother. The girl's fate was to be decided in Idris.

Robert Lightwood walked in with his gray robes to represent that he was inquisitor.

The meeting had called all the Downworld representatives. Kaelie was there representing the fey.

"Tell us about the young girl Luna." The inquisitor said. "She is daughter of the Seelie Queen? Why was she in the hands of a mundane?"

Kaelie looked around her eyes stopping on Clary.

"The queen gave her child away."
"Why is that?"
"She could not stand the sight of it."
"Why was she turned into a mundane?"
"The pond, the lady. The queen was coming out with the child when a mundane with the sight saw her. The queen left the baby on the edge of the pond and disappeared."
"She abandoned the child?"
"No she gave the child the chance to live."
"The mundane could have left her."
"But she didn't did she?" Smiled Kaelie.

The court was silent. Clary stood up before Jace could hold her down.

"Well that concludes it then the girl is to stay with us." Clary said.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Kaelie laughed.

The inquisitor looked at her furious.

"What is she talking about?" Clary growled.

The Silent Brothers glided in.

The Morgenstern girl is a danger. Sebastian Morgenstern was more demon than shadowhunter and the fey are half demon as well. The girl carries more demon blood than anyone of us.

"You forget that shadowhunter blood is always more dominant!" Jocelyn argued.

"Enough!" The inquisitor yelled. "The girl shall be put to end!"
"How dare you!" Izzy yelled. "Do you not have eyes nor a heart! You have kept the girl with you and she has already begun to attach to you, and you want to kill her!"