Chapter 20

The sun was setting as Alec pushed Luna on the swing who laughed. They had been everywhere from eating ice cream to eating pizza and back to the park. Jace's jaw was clenched as he looked at the girl, who laughed. Something about her made him uneasy.

Luna came running forward towards Jace as Alec chased her. A lady smiled at Alec and at the girl.

"You have such a lovely daughter." The lady said smiling, walking away.

Alec blushed slightly and Jace grinned. Jace could see why they could pass as father and daughter. They both had that dark black hair and although Luna was slightly paler Alec was not far behind. Both of there eye color shone in the light. Alec's blue and Lunas green almost like Magnus's in the setting sun.

"You do look related to her. I think you and Magnus both can pass as her parents."
"Magnus has said the same. He said her green eyes are different from Clary's, more lighter."

Alec looked away and ran a hand threw his hair. Jace sprang on his feet and headed towards the turtle pond.

"Jace I don't think you should..."
"Nonsense Alexander."

Jace faced Alec as he began to step backward into the reflection of the moon and disappeared. Alec held Luna's hand and they began to step backward into the water.

Luna yelled as she fell where Jace caught her and Alec hit the ground.

Faeries surrounded them and they all mostly looked at the girl.

"We came on a little tour, for the girl." Jace said.
"You should not be here, the Seelie Queen wishes to see all of you."

They followed the faerie who pushed doors open to a chamber that Jace and Alec where familiar with. There on the throne was the great queen.