Chapter 5

It would have sincerely hurt Clary to see the Silent Brothers take away the girl. The situation was so impossible for them the inquisitor had to come instead. He was definitely less scary looking.

Isabelle ignored the fact that her father was there. She couldn't see how he showed no pain or remorse when the girl reminded her so much of her younger brother Max.

Clary was on the sofa, Jace beside her with a stern face looking out into space. As a habit, but more of anger shaking his leg.

Izzy and Simon sat on the love seat across.

"Clary..." Jace begun.
"Jace..." Izzy tried to comfort him but paused.
"Shes going to want to keep the girl and that may not be possible." Jace interjected running his hands threw his hair.

Isabelle couldn't help but notice he looked tired from running the institute.

"Jace I called her mother."

Jace looked up at Izzy. His expression unreadable. As if on cue Jocelyn and Luke walked in.

"Did you even tell her why you were summoning her!" Snapped Jace.
"I didn't know what to say!" Izzy snapped.

Jocelyn laughed at something Luke was saying and looked at the 4 of them.

"Hi! Simon its so good to see you!" Jocelyn squeezed him.
"Is everything alright?" Luke asked.

Jace and Izzy looked at each other and then at Simon.

"Simon whats? Going on?" Jocelyn asked.
"Okay, uh. How to put it? Okay so basically Sebastian had some affairs and a little something was left behind. You see his daughter was just here and, you see the Silent Brothers were to scary and the inquisitor came to take her and shes going to be put on trail and."
"SIMON!" Izzy yelled.

He was so caught up with explaining so rapidly he hadn't noticed Jocelyn was crying.