Shiki x Human Reader pt. 4

IveGoneCompletelyMad

((Recap))

"O-old man?" I got closer and he didn't respond.

"Old man?" I got down on the floor next to him, and gingerly touched his shoulder. "Old man? Old m-man. Old man!"

I started shaking him. "Old man! Old man! (Grandfather's/n)!"

*******************************************
((Flashback 14-year-old shiki POV))

***Play song***

After I had discovered the old man down on the ground, I had the right in mind to call the police. They soon arrived and came and inspected him, trying to tell if his death was natural or not.

Hours after the police had came, I was sitting outside in the garden staring blankly out. A lady-officer approached me and sat by my side.

Putting her hand on my back and rubbing full circles on it she says softly, "I'm sorry to say this, but you must already know that (Grandfather's/name) has passed away. We have discovered that his death was due to over-stress along with tuberculosis."

I sat there, merely starring ahead of me. Suddenly I hear a little girls wailing. Slowly looking up I see that (y/n) had arrived to the scene with her parents.

They must have heard about the old man......

I continued to watch (y/n) cry as her parents tried to comfort her while holding back their own tears.

Heh, it's pointless to help someone who is lost in their own pain..

I looked down at my feet as water began falling down from the dark overcast.

The other angels are crying...... What do they got to be sad about? There not down here! They aren't left alone! They're not really feeling any pain! They have not right to cry! It's my right! They didn't know the old man! I did! It's my right!

The last thing I remember is seeing the roses wilting petals through teary eyes, as I slowly lost cautiousness.

************************************

((1 week after the old man passed))

The old mans' family was holding his funeral today.

I wasn't invited or expected, the family didn't even know me. They were shocked to have discovered that the old man was keeping me in his house and raising me. When they did, they dismissed my existence saying I wasn't their problem.

So I wasn't wanted at the old mans' funeral.

I was there anyway.

I was careful to make sure no one saw me. I watched from atop a nearby hill, looking down in the valley of the graveyard, where I could see the old mans' casket placed under a black tent as the ceremony took place.

People would stand up and say a few words, then would go up to his casket and leave a white rose. Everyone there did so, nearly everyone of them crying.

I too was crying but I paid my tears no attention. I just continued to watch over the ceremony.

(Y/n)'s little speech was heart-splitting. The way her words trembled and lips quivered. You could obviously see she was trying to stay strong, but you could also see the small tears that escaped her now dull (e/c) eyes.

The ceremony took well up to two hours. The entire time I sat atop the hill and watched. After the ceremony the people who attended went around to each other to try and support one another. His closer family went back to the funeral home to have a more private ceremony, while everyone left, after the old mans' casket had been placed in his grave and covered.