Chapter 39

Chloe packed her things, making sure to include her bathing suit because apparently there was a hot tub involved. It was mid-March and the weather had, in fact, turned exceptionally warm.

Chloe wore a light cotton spring dress and sandals. She figured she might as well be comfortable on the ride up. She turned when she heard Ashton's approach.

"Ready?" Ashton poked his head in the room. "Aw, how cute," he said, leaning back against the door frame. He couldn't help but smile at Chloe in her cute little baby blue dress. He loved the way it flared out from her waist to just above her knees, revealing her shapely legs. He took a moment to admire the curves of her body through the thin veil of cotton.

"Thank you," she said, blushing under his gaze.

"Are you sure you'll be warm enough?" he asked, stepping forth and rubbing her bare arms.

"Yeah, I'll just grab a sweater," she said, turning around. "Otherwise, I'm all set."

"Good, is this it?" he said, taking her bag.

"That's it." She followed him out. "I'll lock up."

The ride up proved to be very interesting, especially for Ashton. Concentrating on the road proved to be quite the challenge too, since his eyes kept wandering over to Chloe's exposed thighs. Every bump in the road seemed to lift the hem of her little dress dangerously higher. Chloe wasn't helping either, crossing and uncrossing her legs. Of course, she was oblivious to her effect on him, just sitting there smiling and singing along to the radio. Once or twice, he could've sworn she'd caught him looking.

"Is it me, or is it getting warmer?" he asked, shuffling uncomfortably in his seat.

"It's definitely getting warmer," she agreed. "Strange isn't it, for so early in the year?"

"Yeah, strange." He sighed. His hand, fighting the urge to reach out and touch her. He held tight to the steering wheel, little beads of perspiration appearing on his forehead.

"Hey, you're sweating," Chloe said, touching his face. "It's not that hot in here, is it?"

"Oh, I don't know," he said, shifting in his seat. No longer able to resist, he eagerly reached out his hand and wrapped his fingers around her knee. "Things couldn't get any hotter from where I'm sitting." He inhaled deeply, enthusiastically squeezing her thigh.

"Hey, what? Cut it out!" Chloe protested, pushing his persistent hand away. "Keep your hands on the steering wheel, mister."

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't just pull over on this lonely road and have my way with you?" he challenged, firmly holding his grip, his fingers digging into her soft flesh.

"Ashton! This is ridiculous." She laughed out loud at his intense proposition. "Besides, I'm still mad at you. So forget it," she said, prying his fingers off her one by one.

"You're mad at me? I thought I was mad at you." He reluctantly removed his hand from her leg. "I'm still waiting for an apology," he said, staring straight ahead.

"Well, don't hold your breath," she said with a smile.

"Right, we'll see about that," he said, pulling into a smaller road off to the side. It was dusk and the road was dark.

Chloe sat up nervously. "Hey, where are we going?" she gasped as the car crept slower and slower into the tree-canopied dirt road. "Don't you dare try anything," she warned.

"Relax, Chloe," he said, turning the car engine off. He leaned over her and swiped his hand gently over her body. Smiling at her bemused expression, he clicked open her seatbelt. "We're here."