Chapter 54

It was good to see the guys having fun on stage that night. Especially compared to last night's debacle. The crowd seemed quite pleased with the band and likewise the guys connected with them. It was a younger audience, mostly spring breakers so the atmosphere was upbeat and it made for a good time for everyone. Even Chloe enjoyed interacting with the college kids. In fact, it was spring break for most students and this made Chloe think of Jill again. If only she'd been there that week. The two of them could have had such a nice time, even if just for a little girl talk. Some moral support would be a nice change.

As she finished that thought, Ashton introduced his last song. It was one of Nick's. Chloe smiled to herself, watching the crowd soak it up. It was definitely groovy and had everyone dancing, Nick in particular up on stage with his bass guitar. The girls were going crazy, reaching for him as he teased them. Such a flirt, Chloe thought to herself.

Wrapping up with a big finish and loud applause, the guys took their bows. Expecting to leave right away, Chloe quickly packed up the unsold merchandise, unaware of Ashton's amorous intentions.

"Hello, sweetness," Ashton said, breathless, leaning across the table.

"Hey, rockstar," she said, shyly looking up at him through her lashes. "I really liked your show tonight."

"Is that right?" he said, tilting his head and licking his lips provocatively. "Can I buy you a drink? Maybe you'd like to meet the band."

"Oh, I don't know about that. You might try and take advantage of me," she said, playing along.

"Come on now, baby. You know you want to. How about I give you a special backstage pass, just you and me?" he said with an irresistible curl to his lip.

"What exactly do you have in mind?" she asked as he circled around the table.

"Well, I thought maybe you and I could..." He lifted her up on the table and stood between her knees, seductively moving against her with the music playing in the background. "Go outside... I've got this van... we could..." he breathed, licking her ear.

"Talk?" she said, leaning into him.

"Yeah, talk, that's it." He smiled, kissing her lips.

"Okay we could do that but what about those other guys?"

"Oh, don't worry about them. They won't bother us. See, I've the keys right here and they won't be out for a while," he said, caressing her arm with his fingers, his intense blue eyes fixed on her lips. "So, what do you say?"

"Well, okay, but I'm trusting you, so no funny business," she said, holding up her index finger.

"Of course, whatever you say, sweetness," he said with a roguish smile.

Making a mad dash across the parking lot toward the van, Chloe giggled in nervous anticipation while Ashton stayed in character, following her slowly and deliberately.

Watching him approach with cool calculated steps and a cat like swagger, she felt herself getting genuinely excited and nervous.

"All right now, step inside," he said, leaning over her, sliding open the van door. "Go on, I won't bite." He flashed her a smile and tilted his head to the side.

"Okay, but... I'm a little nervous," she said, shuffling her way inside. "I'm not sure of your true intentions."

"Come on now, there's nothing to be nervous about." He followed her in. "Just a little... push push," he said, shutting the door behind them.

"Wait, I don't know about that. I mean I like you but I've only just met you... ooh, that's nice... I do like that," she said, stretching across the back seat of the van as he kissed her lips, her neck.