Chapter 51

"Come on, Chloe, you ready?" Ashton called from outside the bathroom. "We've only got a couple of hours of swimming before we... oh, wow," he said, his jaw dropping helplessly as she stepped out wearing the tiniest of neon pink boy shorts and a matching bikini top.

"Okay, let's go!" she said, smiling enthusiastically as she walked out the door, grabbing their beach towels. "Bring the sunscreen," she reminded him as he bolted after her.

The guys were already out on the sand, stirring up all kinds of interest by the time Chloe and Ashton joined them. Chloe giggled as they approached, noticing the obvious approval on their faces. Jamie grabbed his chest and pretended to faint, falling into the sand.

"Behave," Ashton warned them as he stood beside her, all too aware of her allure.

After getting situated on her towel, Chloe couldn't help but notice that not too far away, a group of giggly young women were avidly watching the guys splashing around in the water. Sitting alone on her towel under the umbrella that Nick had been kind enough to fix into the sand, she too laughed, watching them mercilessly tackle each other in the waves. Every once in a while, she'd catch Jamie and even Nick flaunt a little too much, obviously aware of their admirers across the way.

A little while later, Ashton jogged over toward Chloe and playfully tried to drag her into the ocean but she dug in her heels and refused, preferring to relax on the sand. "Okay, but I'll be back," he said, kissing her with saltwater lips.

Chloe reclined on her back and closed her eyes, listening to the waves and happy sounds coming from the water. A few minutes later, she heard a female voice. "Hi, umm." She giggled, kneeling beside Chloe. "My friends and I were wondering."

"Yes?" Chloe asked, sitting up facing the attractive dark haired girl.

"Are these guys in a band?" she asked, looking out toward the ocean and back at her friends.

"Yes, actually, they are. Perhaps you've heard of them, the Stick Shift Lips?" Chloe said.

"Really? Cool!" she said, running back to her friends.

Chloe heard them squeal with excitement and moments later the girl was back for more information. "Umm, my friends would like to know if... well, are they single? I mean you must be with one of them, right? The tall blond one?"

Chloe laughed at her awkwardness. Noticing she'd gotten the guy's attention, she waved them in. Turning back to the girl, she said, "Yes, Ashton. He's with me, but the rest of them are available. Would you like to meet them?"

Before the girl could answer, she was off again running toward her friends. The first guy back was, of course, Jamie who stood dripping wet and nodding knowingly at Chloe. "So, is it like I said?" he asked, purposely dripping on her.

"Is it like what?" Chloe asked, standing up away from his wetness.

"You know, having a hot little chick like you around only improves our odds." He laughed, reaching down, grabbing her and spinning her around.

"You may have something there," Chloe squealed, laughing as he lowered her down and smiled wolfishly at the girls. "They'd like to meet you, I think," she said as the rest of the guys came along, shaking themselves off. "Just don't go messing up all my hard work," she teased him.

"Yeah, keep your mouth shut this time and let me do the talking," Chris said, winking conspiringly at Chloe.

"What's this all about?" Ashton said as he came over and took Chloe's hands in his.

"Those girls over there were wondering if you all were in a band?" Chloe said in a mock southern accent. "And if you all were single?"

"So, what'd you tell them?" he asked huskily, pressing her against the length of his lean wet body.