Chapter 52

The drive to Myrtle Beach took longer than Chloe had expected. Still, they made it there in time for dinner. They stopped off at a local grocery store for some supplies. Nick insisted on picking up some fresh food to cook up throughout the week. This was a welcome change from eating out so much the last few days.

The guys waited outside while Chloe and Nick ran up and down the aisles with their lists. When satisfied with their buggy full of items, they checked out and returned with big grins on their faces.

"You girls all set?" Ashton teased, leaning up against his car with Chris and Jamie.

"Shut up, man, I can't help it if I like real food," Nick said. "Besides, you'll be thanking us later. Right, Chloe?"

"Yeah, what he said," Chloe agreed, smiling as she brushed by Ashton.

They pulled into the driveway of their oceanfront rental home shortly thereafter. It was a multi-story home that they would all share. Chloe was relieved to learn that they'd all have their own bedrooms and that there were plenty of bathrooms for everyone. The large kitchen and living room opened up to a deck facing the beach. Chloe quickly put the groceries away while Nick prepared the barbecue.

Ashton and the others scrambled around picking rooms. With a few profanities and a lot of whining from Jamie, Ashton returned triumphantly having claimed the largest room with the best view. "Kiss my ass, Jamie!"

"Screw you too, jackass!" Jamie responded from somewhere in the house.

"Can't we all just get along?" Nick said, laughing as he walked out onto the deck carrying a tray full of meat.

Ashton sat across the counter at Chloe looking quite proud of himself. She simply smiled at him while she prepared a large salad.

"Was it worth it? The room?" she asked.

"Only the best for my girl." He nodded.

Chloe dropped what she was doing and reached over and planted a big kiss on his lips. "You are my hero."

"Yeah, well, you can thank me later," he said suggestively.

Of course, any hard feelings about who got the better room were soon forgotten after everyone had their bellies full of good food and wine. Sometime between dinner and the cake Chloe picked up for dessert, the conversation turned to dirty jokes and things that had the guys in stitches. Maybe it was the wine but Chloe found herself laughing just as much as the rest of them. Somewhere out from one of the rooms, Nick returned with something in his hands.

"Hey, who's up for a game of twister?" he asked as he just about tripped over Jamie, who had only recently found himself a nice piece of floor to lie down on.

"Watch it, man," Jamie whined, waking up from his food and drink induced coma.

"Only if I can take pictures." Chloe laughed.

Sure enough, although under much protest, the guys agreed to play along. "What a tangled mess." Chloe laughed as she called out instructions.

"Chloe, put that camera away or I swear... I'll," Jamie cursed from somewhere under the tangled limbs.

"You'll what?" Chloe teased as she snapped away.

"Hey, aren't you going to join in, Chloe? I only agreed to this hoping I could cop a feel or two, you tease," he snickered as Ashton jabbed a foot in his ribs.

Chloe just about lost it when the last set of instructions had Chris straddling Jamie in the most compromising way. Nick and Ashton were laughing so hard they all came crashing down in a heap.