We need to talk

[a/n- like I said, a shorter chapter today. I don't know how long it'll be until my next one but I'll try to update soon so don't worry.
Also, I am sorry for what you're about to read...but I'm kinda not at the same time. Have fun! 🙃]

By the time (y/n) had awoken it was late afternoon. She got up and went to the kitchen to make dinner when she saw a note on the fridge.

"Dear (y/n),
I've gone to a friends birthday party,
I'll be home tomorrow.
You know where the food is, help yourself.
Remember, be good, no parties.
Love, Mum."

Smiling, (y/n) put the note in the bin and looked through the food to make dinner. Deciding on (fav/meal) she cooked it up and began to eat. Shortly after finishing there was a sudden knock at the door with incoherent bickering behind it. Frowning and getting to her feet (y/n) opened the front door to reveal Candy Pop grinning at her with a bickering Jack and Jason that have paused mid fight at the sound of the door opening. Sighing she let the three men in, each of them smiled and thanked her on their way into the room. They all sat on the couch and (y/n) made herself comfortable on the chair adjacent to them. Looking at the boys then at Candy Pop she spoke.

"I assume Candy told you two why you had to come over?" She inquired relaxing into her chair. The boys nodded while Candy Pop just relaxed between them. She nodded before smiling, "so who wants to start?"

Jason rose his hand, "I shall. I introduced myself to you first." Jack shot him a glare before settling back into the couch with Candy Pop. "When you were a little girl (y/n), no older than 4 you were very lonely. However being the (older/younger) sibling you had far less room in your bedroom for me to put a door so I had to pass through your (brother/sister) room in order to get to you. It was difficult but I made it work. Introducing myself to you was the most difficult part." He smiled fondly at the memory. "You were a happy child and loved toys however you were easily scared." (Y/n) frowned a little, she didn't like the idea of being a scaredy cat. "You were by no means shy however. The first time we met you were already playing with toys, your parents were out and your sibling was in the lounge room so even if you screamed in surprise it wouldn't have mattered. I sat on the floor so as not to intimidate you and you greeted me on your own. I sat by your door and watched you silently until you turned and noticed me. Your tiny (e/c) eyes widened when you saw me, you waddled over and sat in front of my lap, crossed your legs and put a hand on your chest. You introduced your self before putting a hand on my leg indicating for me to introduce myself next." Looking up at Jason's face, this is the happiest (y/n) has ever seen him. The memory putting a truly pleased smile on his features. "A week or so later however," Jason looked to Jack, "a new friend came over whilst I wasn't there."

Jack grinned now that it's his turn to speak of his introduction, he giggled a little bit clapping his claws together in a small amount of excitement. "I was in the neighbourhood. I wanted to meet you before I finished of the kid on your block and oh you were so little. Your sibling was with your parents inside. Little (y/n) was outside by the forest laughing and playing in the long grass, as you rolled down the hill I followed suit. I rolled after you and after you had made it to the bottom you got up just as I reached the bottom, your laughter died down at the first sight of me but mine continued. Apparently you found my laughter contagious because you began to laugh with me until I stopped. Then I gently held my hand out for you to shake, you were careful of my claws." Jack looked at his claws, flexing his fingers. "You dodged them and shook my hand, when I introduced myself as a clown you asked if I was like the joker from batman." He chuckled a little, (y/n) smiled. "You were so disappointed when I said I wasn't the joker but you still wanted to be my friend and go on adventures. So we did just that." He looked at Jason, the fond look was still on both of their faces but there was also a dose of disappointment. "It's just a shame we had to share you."

Giggling a little to herself (y/n) looked between the boys. "Wow, that's awesome but." She frowned a little. "Why did Slenderman have to remove you from my memory?" All three of the boys were about to answer when the previously quiet TV made a loud noise as breaking news came on. Turning to the TV all four of them in the lounge room watched in horror as (y/n)'s Mum's carcass was pulled out of a river. The TV said that the cause of death has not yet been found. (Y/n) had no reaction at first, she felt empty, she just stared at the TV with wide eyes, unable to hear or move, she could only watch as her mothers remains were pulled away behind the news reporter. The only words to escape her mouth were, "but...how?...why?" Before she broke down in fits of sobs. The boys quickly going to her aid, Candy Pop turned off the TV, Jason went to get her a box of tissues and a glass of water and Jack cradled her in his arms, comfortingly patting her (back/head).

There was only one thing clear to each of them.

(Y/n)'s mother was murdered. But by who?